Calling HC-110 Junkies

MPerson

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was given an unopened bottle of HC-110 yesterday (500ml Dilute 1:9 to make dilution B) and intend using it with Fomapan 100 (35mm).

I have found one reference for developing over at APUG:

Dil H: 1-19 (30ml concentrate + 570 water for 600ml in my tank with two reels) for 10 mins.

I also have the general info from Covington Innovations, Greg Mironchuk and the excellent dilution chart from Bob Fowler's site.

Digital Truth has no refs, neither does Film Dev Org for this combination and nor does the Foma site - although I have emailed them.

Anyone tried it with Fomapan 100?

fomapan is one of those things that, no-matter what the format just doesn't look good in HC-110. I've seen one or two results, some were okay,

I always dev my foma films in D:76, no complaints at all.

HC-110 seems to just blow out too much contrast, and foma's incredible tonality is always lost.

If you can get your hands on some rodinal it looks perfect at 1+50 / 7.5

Thanks Matt probably saved me the grief of finding out myself ;)

I have Rodinal & R09 so will use one of them. I have been doing the Fomapan 100 in Diafine 3 +3 - rated at 160 - and it is nice.

I'll save the HC-110 for Tri-X me thinks.

fomapan is one of those things that, no-matter what the format just doesn't look good in HC-110. I've seen one or two results, some were okay,

I always dev my foma films in D:76, no complaints at all.

HC-110 seems to just blow out too much contrast, and foma's incredible tonality is always lost.

Matt, thanks again - solid info. Received this from Foma in reply to my email to them:

"On our websites is mentioned the developing time just for Fomapan 400.

Using Kodak HC 110 is not recommended for Fomapan 100 and 200

because there is low yield of sensitivity. In case that you do not mind

reaching lower sensitivity we can advise you to develop Fomapan 100

in HCC 110 1+31 for 3,5-4 min. reaching g=0,68-0,72."

Well I think I may like Fomapan Classic 100. I stuck with Diafine for my first roll rated 160 asa.

MP | Nokton 40/1.4 SC | Fomapan Classic 100 rated 160 | Diafine 3+3 | Coolscan & Lightroom

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

And as for the HC-110 I think I like it.

This is probably not the best way for a first try with it, Tri-X rated 1600 and shot by my 11 year old son with the CL - but it was an interesting experience with HC-110.

Thanks to Matt (MattLain) for the dev info.

CL | Cron-C 40/2 | Tri-X @ 1600 | HC-110 Dil H 19mins | Coolscan & Lightroom

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Some more from this roll.

Despite the boys inexperience with the CL and mine with HC-110, I am pleased we got something.

Edited by MPerson

I have yet to try to develop my Tri-X but am working on exposing a roll now in a R4.

I haven't finished any yet as I got myself a 100 foot roll for like $15 (expired in 1997 but kept in a freezer at the local lab).

Thanks for the HC-110 developing dilution and times information - that will come in very handy real soon. I *hope* the film is still good since I still have that 100 foot roll, and if it is still good - I'm going to get their last 100' roll.