New WHITE M8.2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

also favorite stealth camera for vampires, the red dot even matches their bloodshot eyes. Burning question: can you photograph vampires? We all know they are invisible in a mirror.

You must be able to. There are a lot of Vampire movies out there, and they'd be pretty boring if you couldn't see the vampires. ;)

Just don't try using a reflex camera.

Edited by Nicoleica
Sudden thought!

I thought differently of Leica users. But I stand corrected there are Leica customers and there are Leica used gear buyers.

I understand all the jokers and attention beggars in this thread are the used Leica gear buyers, the ones Leica is not even remotely trying to reach.

I thought differently of Leica users. But I stand corrected there are Leica customers and there are Leica used gear buyers.

I understand all the jokers and attention beggars in this thread are the used Leica gear buyers, the ones Leica is not even remotely trying to reach.

Which group does that leave you in then?

Pete.

When I buy new, I allow myself to criticize if I am unhappy. When I buy used, I shut up.

Then please don't complain when there are a few of us who have a sense of humour. For your information, I have purchased 4 new Leica cameras, 2 new Leica lenses, and many accessories this year. These were to replace cameras that I had sold off last year when I was given 3 months to live. So please don't accuse me of not buying new Leica equipment. Also, what is wrong with buying used anyway? If there wasn't a thriving used market for Leica equipment, then far fewer of us would be able to afford that first step on the ladder. 40 years ago, I traded my Zorki for a very well used M3. Since then I have worked my way up to owning new Leicas. But I couldn't have done that without the used market being there to buy my old cameras along the way!

OK, I'll get off my soap box now.

Not bad, but it would be dirty within a day or two.

Simply not true. The Camera's finish is not porous so just as with cars, Black cars are the ones showing dirt the most while White cars look cleanest, all the time.

I've owned a white car - they scuff, they get dirty. Silver or beige metallic hide road grime best and have a hard clear overcoating that washes better.

As to the white camera - of course, one could always use it as a white balance check. Just carry a small mirror and shoot a quick self-portrait under the same lights as your subject.

I've owned a white car - they scuff, they get dirty. Silver or beige metallic hide road grime best and have a hard clear overcoating that washes better.

"hard clear overcoating" is the key word. Since the white Leica will be chrome or even paint, and since the general idea being that lighter in color actually hides dirt in the best way, there is no way this white camera will get dirty, as some people tend to think.

I am absolutely positive on this.