Bizarre message from C1

JHAG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Importing pictures from M8 card.

C1 imports all pics, but displays this message in a dialog

"Events" :

Description: Could not copy file to import destination. File was not imported.

File: /Users/sthan/Desktop/Cave Photos/101LEICA/L1010778.DNG

Reason: Not enough free space on import destination volume.

Recovery: Please, free up space on import destination volume.

Domain: com.phaseone.application.captureonepro.import

This is absurd and ressembles stupid Microsoft messages like : Not enough space to save this doc. Close windows.

This on a 800 Gb disk with 500 Gb of free space…:mad:

Try uninstalling, removing old directories, rebooting, and then doing a clean install.

Also--why is C1 importing your images again? The best way to make sure images get where they need to go on your hard drive is use a card reader and drag and drop them.

They open up C1 and navigate to the image directory.

You're not by any chance previewing them in C1 on an SD card, are you? And then only importing the ones you want? Just curious--you can run out of scratch space on an SD card pretty quickly :)

Hi, Jamie,

These files were first imported from the card to my HD.

Then, backed-up on my four drive back-up system.

It's only after that importation and back-up that I

open C1 and import pictures in C1.

So there's no SD card involved at this stage - hence

no lack of space whatsoever.

PS : I never found uninstall in C1. Just binned it.

What do you mean by old directories ?

Ok, this is probably your problem right here...

You can't just delete files from C1, because between older versions and the new versions they've changed some control files and libraries and they are incompatible.

You need to uninstall the program properly, then reboot, then re-install.

If you've been installing the program into the same directory over and over again, don't. After uninstalling, then rebooting, do a fresh installation into a new directory on your HD.

Now I know you're on a Mac and I'm on Vista, so I can't help you on the "official" way to uninstall a program, but just deleting the files almost *never* works and leaves stray bits of the old program around the system, which is never a good thing.

Can someone help with the Mac way to uninstall a C1?

Thanks, Jamie. :)

Funny Phase One doesn't give any hint about this when suggesting the update.

Anyway, there is no uninstaller with C1 (like in Office or Photoshop).

The method here is to Spotlight all "phaseone" or "capture one" files, then

delete it.

Found this :

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1164&LanguageID=1&layoutid=SupportSite%20-%20Main

Edited by JHAG

Thanks, Jamie. :)

Funny Phase One doesn't give any hint about this when suggesting the update.

Anyway, there is no uninstaller with C1 (like in Office or Photoshop).

The method here is to Spotlight all "phaseone" or "capture one" files, then

delete it.

Found this :

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1164&LanguageID=1&layoutid=SupportSite%20-%20Main

Wow.

I stand humbly corrected and, for once, am glad I'm using Vista :eek:.

Is it common for software on the Mac to be uninstalled by deleting the files?

Yikes. So I'm going to be a lot more conditional here than normal:

I note that C1 says "don't delete the application folder" if you're going to re-install. What would happen if you do?

In my opinion, and I've had some experience of this on many different OS (not just Windows, but not a Mac with a newer OS), the only way you're going to get to the bottom of your problem is to do a clean install.

After that I'd be calling or writing C1 directly. Something is messing up badly here but maybe it's common on the Mac for C1 to be this flaky (as in not reading drive capacity??)

H-S,

I haven't tried this, AppZapper - The uninstaller Apple forgot., but it might be worth investigating. It claims to uninstall programs on a Mac. (There's a free trial.)

My preference would be to use the finder to locate the vestiges of C1 manually, but I'd love it if someone else :D tried it and reported back.

Steve

Thanks all.

Normally, lot of apps have their uninstaller, but it's the third party which provide it, not Apple.

For myself, I never got around to simple begin to more or less understand how Windows works. When in front of a Mtsof screen, I have cold fever and lose all my abilities. :D

Never heard of importing images into C1, other then getting them from a SD card and putting them on your HDD (which I don't do with C1 or LR. I either use a file management program to Copy them from a card to a directory/folder on my HDD or use the Adobe Photo downloading program included with PS CS3/4-Bridge 2/CS4 to get images off a SD card).

C1 to my knowledge doesn't have a catalog database system like LR has so why are you importing them into C1.

In C1 just browse to the folder you copy them to from the card.

Hi, Jamie,

These files were first imported from the card to my HD.

Then, backed-up on my four drive back-up system.

It's only after that importation and back-up that I

open C1 and import pictures in C1.

So there's no SD card involved at this stage - hence

no lack of space whatsoever.

Never heard of importing images into C1, other then getting them from a SD card and putting them on your HDD (which I don't do with C1 or LR. I either use a file management program to Copy them from a card to a directory/folder on my HDD or use the Adobe Photo downloading program included with PS CS3/4-Bridge 2/CS4 to get images off a SD card).

C1 to my knowledge doesn't have a catalog database system like LR has so why are you importing them into C1.

In C1 just browse to the folder you copy them to from the card.

Ed--that's what he is doing: copying them from the card and opening them in C1 on the HD. I don't call that "importing" either, but that's just a language thing I think. (On Windows, C1 used to have an image importer that lets you copy from the card to a C1 capture directory. I always turn that OFF--and I've forgotten whether the new version includes that or not :))

Thanks all.

Normally, lot of apps have their uninstaller, but it's the third party which provide it, not Apple.

For myself, I never got around to simple begin to more or less understand how Windows works. When in front of a Mtsof screen, I have cold fever and lose all my abilities. :D

Well, I think you've had some good advice from other Mac users on the forum, so I'd stick with it: get something to clean up all vestiges of the previous installation, then re-install from scratch and see if it still fails.