Advertisement (gone after registration)

A tiny bit of fluff, more voice than flesh & bone:

This bird was one of hundreds in the Yolo Bypass wildlife area between Sacramento and Davis. The song is the bird's territorial defense; a highly variable song, a neighboring wren will often repeat specific riffs of his neighbor's song.

technical stuff: Leica R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO + 2x APO-Extender-R, shoulder stock & monopod.

All comments welcome.

Hey Doug,

Beautiful, I do not think I ever saw a picture where you use the 2x I can not see anything wrong with it. Looks just as good as a shot with the 1.4x. So why do you not use it more or have I just missed a mess of posts?

Cheers Jan

Guest Jockele

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A tiny bit of fluff, more voice than flesh & bone:

This bird was one of hundreds in the Yolo Bypass wildlife area between Sacramento and Davis. The song is the bird's territorial defense; a highly variable song, a neighboring wren will often repeat specific riffs of his neighbor's song.

technical stuff: Leica R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO + 2x APO-Extender-R, shoulder stock & monopod.

All comments welcome.

Superb!

Best wishes

Jockele

Hey Doug,

Beautiful, I do not think I ever saw a picture where you use the 2x I can not see anything wrong with it. Looks just as good as a shot with the 1.4x. So why do you not use it more or have I just missed a mess of posts?

Cheers Jan

Jan, it's a new toy. I expect you'll be seeing more of it

Thanks all for taking the time to look and comment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Al Brown
      We already have a very extensive 'Mandler Magic' topic, but as much I am keen on Mandler's signature look and his contribution to the "Leica glow", there is another very distinguished gentleman in the 'House of Leica' that as a leader of Leica's optical design team since 2002 gave us a bunch of new high performance M-Lenses and pushed the terms FLE, ASPH and APO towards modern Leica perfection. He was the guy that had the balls to say Dr. Mandler's 75mm Summilux 1.4 was his *least* favorite design and went on to "Make Summilux great again" - all the way down to 21mm.
      Show us some of the "clinical look" of the Peter Karbe magic and do tell what lens he designed is your favorite...

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By gwpics
      This fireboat is celebrating the arrival of a new cruise liner on her maiden voyage in my home town of Southampton. The image is from my archive when I was shooting film. Taken on Fuji RDP using a Leica R8 but I am afraid I have no other details recorded. It was recently selected by LFI to include in their galleries. Sadly the cruise terminals are empty now because of COVID-19, but the future looks promising. The container ships are as busy as ever (and we see the very biggest) and a major new cruise terminal is being constructed.
      Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By flipsa00
      I had my heart set on getting a used Noctilux 50MM f/0.95, but I also found a used Noctilux 75MM f1.25.
      I wanted the 50 because I regret selling my Summilux ASPH 50MM - I really miss that dreamy/creamy look! The 50 Noctilux could be a suitable replacement, with an extra stop to boot! The "more usable" focal length is another plus.
      On the other hand, the 75 is appealing to me because it is a more modern lens with less CA/purple fringing, less vignetting, and a sharper look. I also don't have any 75MM yet. I shoot a lot of portraiture, but admittedly it's more environmental, so not totally sure if 75MM would be the right FL anyway. Still, I think I could make use of the 75.
      Any thoughts on which one would be "better," all things considered? Do I get both?!
      FYI - I am shooting on an M10 and also have a 50 APO and a 35 Lux FLE.
      Thanks all!