Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not sure whether to post here or M8 Forum, or both. Administrator advice?

As we all know, the M8 RAW/DNG files are saved in 8-bit form using an algorithm. When opening an M8 file in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), the files are default saved as 8-bit. Converting M8 files in Capture One (C1), they can be saved as full 16-bit TIFF.

Is it possible to change the ACR default to save files in 16-bit?

There's a settting in Adobe camera raw that allows the DNG files to be opened as 16 bit. I don't have Photoshop or Lightroom on this machine so I can't say exactly where it is.

You can also specify the colour space you want to use - sRGB, Prophoto etc.

From memory the bottom left corner of the ACR window has a drop down list for colour space and bit depth. Just select what you want and it will create the corresponding file.

Open in ACR, at the bottom you see a blue and underlined parameter sentence. Click on that and the WORKFLOW OPTIONS popup window that opens allows you you set default 16 bit color depth.

Thanks,all.

After stumbling around on my own, I found the blue text mentioned by Chuckcars and made the change to 16-bit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ian clegg
      First time post, be gentle. 
      I want to bring my raw files from Monochrom into silver efex. SEP. But it will only accept RGB. Will this lead to loss of quality ? When I scan my black and white negs I do so in greyscale and that’s  perfect for printing to black and white paper at Metro. 
      It seems to defeat the object of the Monochrom if I have to convert to RGB ?
      Am I missing a trick ? What say you ?
    • By maxsimkammerer
      Update 26. November 2019: Das hier ehemals verlinkte Forum existiert nicht mehr.
      Im Systemkamera-Forum gibt es aber jetzt ein eigenes deutsches Capture One Forum
    • By Stick
      What is the benefit to shooting JPEG and RAW?
      I am starting to get overwhelmed by having doubles of all pictures, not to mention the additional space requirement.

Does anyone shoot only JPEG? Why?
      Does anyone shoot only RAW? Why?
      Thanks!
    • By kuzco9x
      I just firgure out that my Leica M10, the DNG files opened and exported to JPG by photoshop are always brighter and less contrast than the original JPG generated by M10 body.
      Is there something wrong?
      This is the jpg exported from dng.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! And this is original jpg by body

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By MNvA
      Ich habe RAW-Dateien aus der D-Lux 7 mit dem Adobe-DNG-Converter in DNG-Dateien umgewandelt und dann in Lightroom 6 importiert. Dort werden die Dateien ganz kurz in Farbe dargestellt, dann allerdings dauerhaft nur in SW. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, die RAW-Dateien in LR6 als Farbbilder zu importieren, ohne auf das aktuelle LR-Abo umsteigen zu müssen?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy