Summilux-M 50mm/f1.4 1959 Help

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all:

I recently acquired an M3 with a Summilux 50mm/f1.4 lens with virtually pristine glass. The serial number database at www.summilux.net/numeros dates it back to 1959. To keep the glass in this pristine state, I am looking for a lens shade and front cap, as well as a polarizing filter for it. The front thread is 43mm. The outside diameter seems to be about 44.5mm and has a groove in front that seems to be designed to accept a clip-on (reversible?) hood (and cap?), just like my Summicron-M 50mm (III-Canada). Do you know the 5-letter code and/or 5-digit code of the Leitz hood/cap and/or swin-out polarizer. Have you seen any for sale?

I have put a roll through the M3 with the Summilux, and the results look promising. Now that the lens came back after a cleaning, it just sparkles and I really want the shade/cap to keep that glass pristine. And the polarizer would be nice.

Thanks for your help.

Guy

Hi Guy,compliments for your purchase.

These lenses where sold without cap ,but with a hood 12521-XOOIM code (not easy to find),NEWER ONE 12586 WORKS too.Lens cap is even rarer and expansive code 14007,try a third part mm.43.

Cheers

Thank you sabears, Luigi, J.C.

Luigi:

I did find a polarizer:

LEITZ LEICA POLARIZING FILTER 13351/112729 - eBay (item 140307603050 end time Mar-23-09 08:44:16 PDT)

... and grabbed it, although I may have to replace the filter itself. I will see when it comes in. Your information came in just in time! Thank you again:D

Sabears:

The lens came with a "Hoya" generic screw-in shade that will do for now. I'll get a generic 43mm cap to do until I find the Leica shade and cap.

J.C.:

I never cease to be amazed by the depth of your collection!:rolleyes:

Thank you to all again.

Guy