Your rarest pieces

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I don't know how rare it is (does any one know number of pieces?) but I have a Telyt-S 800mm monster. Haven't even tried it yet. In original aluminum case.

Regards

Victor

Less than 400 made. I've only seen one which was for sale in R G Lewis a few years ago. Look forward to seeing some photos taken with it when you post them here? Is yours the R version or the Visoflex?

Cheers

dunk

Guest flatfour
They have value depending their shape and age.

Attached are five of the several publications I have which are all virtually as new. Are they worth anything ? I can put the others on line if you wish.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest flatfour

A few more. I don't collect them so I'm thinking of selling them to clear space and save up for an M8.

I collect them also ;)

this one is for Luigi, it is a december 1934 publication, 32 page.

leica1934ital.jpg

Thanks for the dedication, JC... a nice old brochure: btw, in about those years my grandfather had a Leica which, accordingly to my cousin who inherited it (and then sold... :() was "black with a chrome lens" (being not an expert, he doesn't know this is normal)... I have some pics of my mother that are probably taken with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I thought I'd revive this thread a little, no one's posted here for a long time......

1945USArmyLeicaIIICK137.jpg?t=1243324459

Here's one of the cameras I bought after I sold my 1942 Kriegsmarine IIIC ~

it's a IIIC K Grey, a 1945 US Army issue, #3905xx K issued to a US Army Japanese American First Lieutenant, who gave it to his future wife, who was a Danish national, (German Speaking) interpreter for Military Intelligence in Frankfurt, Germany in 1945.

The camera is beautiful, with 99% paint, (the BEST paint IIIC K I've ever owned) but sadly it has had a vulcanite shell swap, (correct vulcanite, but from a updated Leica IIIC conversion *see chrome bumper*) ~ I have a 1946 Grey vulcanite shell I have to swap out, but I have to mix the Luftwaffe RLM 75 paint to restore it first.....the Elmar lens is the original lens to body, and the Yellow #1 filter and the OKARO added for the "eye candy".

Enjoy!

Tom

Edited by LeicaTom

Leica 1 from 1926/27 with some accessories and operating instructions etc.

A few years ago I found this Summilux 1.4/35 mm "1913-1983". Somewhere I read there were only 150 made, intended for the Italian market. I bought it in Milano. It goes well with the M4-P "1913-1983" with its winder M4-2. I also have the Summilux 1.4/50 mm "1913-1983".

Lex

This is my rarest M-3, the 23rd mfg. as part of theregular production run.( Many M-3 prototypes before this one)

LeicaIIICKriegsmarine129.jpg

Yet another one of my recent acquisitions is this very rare 1942 Leica IIIC "Kriegsmarine" camera

(complete with some "wartime" patina)

it is one of the very few Marinekriegsberichter or Kriegsmarine PK cameras to even survive WW2.

*Contax received and filled out most of the Kriegsmarine camera orders during WW2 but, Leitz also filled out some very limited orders, using their fast 50mm lens the Xenon, and this camera is one of those very few issues*

Tom

Beautiful great piece, I have a Summitar 50/1.5 that I beliebe is a design very like a Schnaider Xenon, but signed by Taylor, Taylor and Hubson, is a nice lens that I like for athmosphers otherwise impossible.