Leica Camera Mayfair advertising for staff ...

dkCambridgeshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Apparently - from a trusted source - they will actually have Dr Kauffman in the shop, in a cage, so you can vent all your ideas/anger at him directly and he has to listen! What a masterstroke they've pulled with that one.

I heard they'll have a couple of fräuleins on either side in bird cages dangling from the ceiling in leathers and whips. oh yeah :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In this week's BJP there is a DSLR supplement listing all manufacturers' cameras including the S2 with following description, "only seen in prototype so far and will be backed with a professional service plan including a service loan pool and leasing arrangements" ... so after sales service and finance would seem to be one area where the new store could find a niche. Also mentions that four lenses will be available initially ie 35/2.5, 70/2.5, 120/2.5 macro and 180/3.5.

Cheers

dunk

Edited by dkpeterborough

In this week's BJP there is a DSLR supplement listing all manufacturers' cameras including the S2 with following description, "only seen in prototype so far and will be backed with a professional service plan including a service loan pool and leasing arrangements" ... so after sales service and finance would seem to be one area where the new store could find a niche. Also mentions that four lenses will be available initially ie 35/2.5, 70/2.5, 120/2.5 macro and 180/3.5.

Cheers

dunk

On Leica's S2 minisite the information on service and support for the S system was last updated at the end of March.

LEICA Camera AG - Eigene Sales- und Support-Organisation

This fits with what was hinted at in the recruitment blurb for the new London store.

Edited by stevelap

• 2 weeks later...

In response to a an enquiry I made to Leica UK concerning the S2 and the London store, they said....'no comment':):

"I regret we are not able to make any statement regarding the Leica

Store."

Unsurprising really, but at least it's not a denial of its very existence. Keep your eyes peeled, should you happen to be strolling around Mayfair.

Oh, and they said this about the S2:

"To the best of my knowledge the LEICA S2 is on schedule and due for

launch Summer 2009. The only information available is on the Leica

website."

Again, unsurprising and non-committal, but the 'on schedule' message is consistent with what others have reported in various threads.

Edited by stevelap

What do you expect them to say, Mark?

If they haven't got a firm date to open (have they even got a firm address, yet?), then what more is there to say? Everyone knows that a store is coming - they have advertised for staff - so that's about it at the moment.

Why does everyone want companies to tell them everything NOW?

What do you expect them to say, Mark?

If they haven't got a firm date to open (have they even got a firm address, yet?), then what more is there to say? Everyone knows that a store is coming - they have advertised for staff - so that's about it at the moment.

Why does everyone want companies to tell them everything NOW?

Agree totally. Wait and hear the next official announcement - wherever and whenever that might be - and the nearer to the day the better. Just imagine all the organization necessary to bring the store and its back-up services to fruition - a major task to probably provide a professional sales, after sales and leasing service for the S2 system ... and make same future proof as well in order to cope with the competition.

Cheers

dunk

Yep, I don't disagree with 'wait and see' and didn't really expect them to be able to give out any meaningful information. Worth a punt though and at least it reminds them that interest is out there.

Well, there are different ways of responding to such a request and "I regret we are not able to make any statement regarding the Leica Store." is hardly indicative of them welcoming your interest and enquiry.

I was just pleased to get any reply Mark, after a previous email and phone call (different department) went unanswered:).