Aperture 2: f2f course / workshop / seminar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone of you know about a good training programme (a course, weekend seminar, workshop) to familiarize oneself with the whole-workflow use of Apple Aperture 2?

I've got the official Apple course as a book and CD-ROM and I know how to use the tutorials on the Apple website. However, I think to really get it work for me I need some face to face teaching by (an) experienced instructor(s).

I'm located in The Netherlands, close to the D/NL border. Location could be one of the adjacent countries like D, NL, B, L, DK, GB, A, CH; language preferably German, English or Dutch (any of them, no matter which one).

Best regards,

Norbert

Personally I recommend the training videos on the Aperture homepage. I found them invaluable in the early days. When I don't understand something I usually read all I can find on the subject and there is a wealth of information on the aperture users group in the apple discussions as well as AUPN.

A search of the apple website gave me the following addresses for training in Holland,

Learning Associates International BV (LAI)

Westerkade 18

3116 GK Schiedam,

Netherlands

Phone: +31 10 204 2220

College of MultiMedia

Zeeburgerdijk 50

1094 AE Amsterdam,

Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 462 3939

I don't know if they offer specific Aperture training but they might be worth a call?.

The page I found this information on was Apple - Apple Authorized Training Centers

You could change the country to find other centers outside of Holland.

Hope you find something useful

Hi guys, thanks very much for the information!

Eoin, the LAI in Schiedam indeed offers a specialized training for Aperture: Apple certification courses. Haven't heard about the quality of these courses; the prices are pretty high though. Thanks for reminding me of user groups. I'll start using them first, and see if I get the information I need.

Kevin, I learned that at my place, an Apple store opened only a few weeks ago. I'll see what they can do for me.

Best,

Norbert

Edited by norbertnl

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By robotography
      Hi all,
      a while ago I've bought a used Elmarit-M 90mm (latest version) for which I found a few days ago by accident that the aperture blades do not fully disappear when the lens is used wide open. Consequently, the bokeh balls aren't circular, but have a more "saw blade"-like shape. If I turn the aperture ring beyond 2.8, which is possible by a tiny bit, the blades retract a bit more, but never completely (cp. attached images). 
      As I wasn't sure whether this is by design or a defect, I have contacted Leica Support and they tell me that this is the normal behaviour, but offer a CLA for the lens nonetheless.
      Could any other owner please check with his or her lens?
      Thanks in advance,
      Rolf

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By carbon_dragon
      I'm currently using Apple Aperture for my Leica M9 but as Apple no longer supports it, it's only a matter of time before I will have to convert (maybe to Capture One). In the meantime, should I buy an M10, will it's DNG files be readable by Aperture even if Apple no longer adds support for new cameras. Note I'm not positive Apple isn't doing this, but it would kind of be typical so I'm kind of assuming this is true.

In other words, will buying an M10 mean an IMMEDIATE conversion to another program?

Thanks.
    • By kentishrev
      I have recently bought a used Summilux 50mm.  The serial number starts 250..., so I think it's from around 1972.

It's been working fine since May on M9, M6 and CL (with adapter).  Using today on M-D and the focus and aperture rings are starting to stick when focus nears infinity.  Put simply, if I'm at around f8, then move focus towards infinity, the rings 'catch' and turning the focus starts to turn the aperture at the same pace, moving it up (from, say, f8 to f11).

Anyone else had this happen.  If no easy fix then I have a 12 month warranty, but it would be a shame to lose it for a few weeks.

thank you

• By Baybers
      Hi,
      I'm looking at getting a Summitar and was wondering whether anybody can shed light on the two variants, namely the round aperture bladed version approx. pre 1950 and the later type with the hexagonal arranged aperture. Generally the latter version seems to be a little less expensive and less sought after if my observations are correct. 
      Both lenses opened at f2 there is clearly no difference in aperture shape but any smaller setting then does the hexagonal opening perhaps provide a little less appealing bokah for instance? Or perhaps there may be other discernible differences?
      Thanks in advance.   
    • By aliwton
      I am experiencing an unfortunate problem with my APO-Summicron 90mm. After a brief portrait session at the office, I left the lens at the camera, over a desk. I almost always use it wide open and occasionally at f/5.6, but this time I went for f/16. When I returned to put it back to the leather case I noticed that the aperture ring was totally loose. It’s now spinning 360 degrees and the aperture blades don’t move at all. I always felt that the ring was too soft for my taste. I’d prefer it to be stiffer. But I never felt that there was a problem. In fact, the lens is still in very good shape and it never gets any rough using. 

I live in Brazil and I was just planning to take it for a trip do Portugal in about 45 days. I keep my equipment under an insurance that covers for damage. But if this is something relatively easy/cheap/quick to repair, I would prefer not to call the insurance company. Did any of you guys experienced something like this? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!