Please allow me to introduce myself.

Guest user10847

Thanks @all! Here's another one.

Conrad, what does POV mean? This is my first time writing in an international forum...

[ATTACH]1739[/ATTACH]

Greetz, from Hamburg, D.

Excellent series and let me answer on Conrad's behalf since he seems to be busy.

POV = Point Of View

Guest user10847

Ah, "point of view". Now I got it. Thanx! Some more? I've got another 20 silver gelatine prints lying in front of me ;-)

Haha, relax, I don't intend to show them all. Best regards, Dirk

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Those prints are awfull nice! You made me just give up a little my decision about giving up ever having a darkroom again.

Do you do a lot of tweaking (adjusting, tricks and magic wonders) when printing them or is is straight forward. And what scanner do you use (when scanning to the forum).

And the enlarger/lens?

Guest user10847

Thanks, Roodolph (hehe, internäsch'n'l phorum, ätsh) og Thomas.

Thomas, you`re right, darkroom really sucks. I'm definitely not that printing guy. I love snapping, but I nearly hate to print them. Most times I´m afraid of doing the stuff, because it means a lot of f***in Work. And this silver gelatine stuff darkens after you've done it. Don't know, how much went into the bin, but I kept roundabout 50. So, I'm a bloody beginner. Not much magic here, this stuff would work as a negative raw scan also. I do a shadow with my hands on the darkest parts for a few seconds, that's it.

And now for my big "butt" (sorry for the second t, I love shallow jokes): There's absolutely nothing in photograpy like touching your own, non-machine-made-100%-self-energetic print. Please simply forget that automatic PE thang from your local dealer. You did it once with your own hands - you're hooked.

Imagine this, it's museum weight paper, not plastic :-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sorry, comrade Admin, taken with a Kodak Easy Share from my flat mate. Lended the D2 to my ex-girlfriend for a shooting. Peace?

Print looks much better. Ok, granted, that's what they all say ;-)

Edit: ah, scanner. Big Satanic Canon 4200F. But that don't mean a thang. My home monitor is a quiz, and I'm colourblind. No joke. My latest post looks terrible on the monitor at my working place.