90mm for M8

jcraf

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Suppose I'll need to shell out for IR/UV now. Are the B&W ones acceptable - the price certainly is!!

Maybe my eye is not that of an hawk, but I have both Leica and B+W filters on my lenses and i can't really see any difference using either one or the other.

Probably Rafael is correct and heard some other friends tell there is a difference between the two brands in terms of render.

What I know is the difference in render is not at all as big as the difference in price. I mainly buy Leica filters for those lenses that cost over 1500 euros and that are worth the extra charge.

Anyway, on the eBay I found some great bargain on Leica filters, both used and new. It may happen to buy a Leica filter at the price of a B+W.

Thanks again everyone. And that's an impressive nightshot.

The credit card has just been bashed again. Managed to secure a mint boxed and complete 381xxxx example for just under 500 quid.

Suppose I'll need to shell out for IR/UV now. Are the B&W ones acceptable - the price certainly is!!

I have been using B+W filters for years (on all my Canon lenses) , and have been quite happy with them .Top quality at about half the price of of a Leica filter .

Enjoy the lens.

Cheers

BTW: my thin, uncoded Canadian 90 Tele-Elmarit triggers the camera as some 90mm lens when I switch on code detection in the menu.

Now I wonder which 90mm lens the M8 thinks I'm using. Any ideas?

Maybe there is a strategically places screw on my T-E mount with just the right amount of dirt. Guessing...

-g

Edited by grober

BTW: my thin, uncoded Canadian 90 Tele-Elmarit triggers the camera as some 90mm lens when I switch on code detection in the menu.

Now I wonder which 90mm lens the M8 thinks I'm using. Any ideas?

-g

Very interesting, before I coded my 90 Elmarit my Exif data showed no lens .