My Voigtlander 15 Heliar Report is up!

stevem7

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to this but this lens not being 'focus coupled', does this mean that you can't focus through the viewfinder and have to guesstimate with the distance markings on the lens?

Yep that is.

BTW, a new 15mm heliar is coming, it's been announced by Cosina-Voigtlander, and that should feature RF-coupling plus a filter thread mount.

Anyway the price should be somehow higher than the actual version.

Ciao

Maurizio

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to this but this lens not being 'focus coupled', does this mean that you can't focus through the viewfinder and have to guesstimate with the distance markings on the lens?

Yeah, but unless you are always shooting wide open, it is really easy to zone focus that sucker, it has a lot of depth of field.

The new one will be coupled but more pricey. I doubt I will upgrade since I rarely use the 15 as it is and the current one is the size of a golfball with the caps on it.

I could see how M8 users would want the new one though since it will take 52mm IR filters.

Yep that is.

BTW, a new 15mm heliar is coming, it's been announced by Cosina-Voigtlander, and that should feature RF-coupling plus a filter thread mount.

Anyway the price should be somehow higher than the actual version.

Ciao

Maurizio

Another interesting feature about this new version would be the ability to permanently code it without having to use an adaptor or drill holes in the lens mount. CV made this possible by cleverly designing their recent 28/2, where a circular recess has been machined on the flange. I hope this will also be the case on the new 15 Heliar. I asked S. Gandy at Cameraquest about this. His answer was that he doesn't know and we'd have to wait for the real stuff to hit the shelves.