Into the Light

Irishimage

wonderful composition - simple yet powerful! i really like how the different graphical elements (doors, window, sunlight and shadow) link together. reminds me of an image by cartier-bresson i saw on the magnum webpage some time ago.

btw - i only have one suggestion for improvement - to me the black frame around the door sucks away way too much energy. maybe some cropping would do ...

markus

PAR45088

I almost agree with Markus. I too find is excellent, but the black frame doesn't bother me. However, since my monitor is only 17 inches, the image is too large to view without scrolling. I'd prefer a height no greater than 580 pixels.

Thank you both, Markus and Stuart for your comments and observations ..

much appreciated.

I was a little reluctant to crop the dark surroundings so as not to squeeze too much the passageway from the darkness into the light.

But will give it a try as you suggest.

Noel

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Noel: That's a wonderful, rather mystical shot...I like the way the two vertical dark rectangles of the door and window in the background are echoed by the horizontal rectangle of the stone container below. Lovely contrast of different textures, too.

cheers:

Sam