Shots from the new 18mm and 24mm Lux

dfarkas

Of course! What M film stalwart wouldn't love a 21 or 24 'Lux? :D

Exactly so. It it were not for my M7s I wouldn't get the 24 lux for my M8 only. It will get used (if/when I get it), more as a "true" 24 on film. Also, gaining the extra 2 stops is much more important to me using ISO 400 or slower film than on the M8 where it's only for DOF as I'm fine with 1250 on the M8 best.....Peter

Please check it out. Comments and questions are always welcome.

David

The test photos are absolutely stunning...

Most photographs of Vegas at night usually come out looking like patches of bright neon lights surrounded by a black hole of darkness. But that is not the case with your test photos. The combination of the M8 and brilliant lenses is just amazing! I've never seen tourist type of photos from Vegas look that good before....There is detail everywhere. The glass sculpture shots from inside the bellagio...wow!

The 18mm shots are the ones that really impress me the most. The look reminds me of the new 24 3.8 (which I got to handle a bit at PMA)

Amazing test pics...Thanks a lot for sharing

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. The 24 lux has me realizing that the M system is really about the lenses. I'm salivating a little less over the D3X & D3 and more over Leica M glass thanks to you David.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica was very nice and let me take the 18mm Super-Elmar-M ASPH and 24mm Summilux-M ASPH lenses out for an evening in Las Vegas. I've posted photos and my impressions on my blog.

Please check it out. Comments and questions are always welcome.

Thanks,

David

..btw i just did a purchase of the m8.2 and the 18mm through Daivid at dale photo ...i traded up my m8 with him in the process..he was terrific to deal with as i noted elsewhere -responsive, personable and fair....highly recommend

mike

http://www.mikecetta.com

Edited by mikelc
added something