what would be or was the first lens you bought for your M8

JLV

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that a 35mm lens is a very good starting point, and it will give you the right position to expand towards a wideangle lens (24 or 21) as well as a 50mm or 75mm lens. The first lens I bought for my M8 was an elmarit 21mm, but I really needed it, really, because working with the 21mm super angulon from 1960 was too much of a hassle on the M8. No coding, incorrect light measuring, overall performance just not up to par (too soft, or unsharp if you will).

On the other hand. A two lens set, appealing because one has to make tough choices (and is perfect for carrying around), would probably be 24mm summilux and 50mm summilux asph. I do not own either at the moment.:o

First lens I bought with my M2 was an elmar 50mm, which I still own and use, beautiful thing that lens, only fifty years old.

Edited by rob139

The first lens I bought especially for my M8 was the 35mm Summicron ASPH; shortly thereafter I bought a used 90mm Summicron ASPH. Not for a moment have I regretted either purchase although I have/had a closet full of older lenses (slight hyperbole, the closet is really not full). ron:)