#002 - Leica Stopps Selling R-System

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A question for the engineers among you -- given the current state of the wireless art, would a new line of R lenses necessarily need electrical/mechanical contacts for communications between the lens and body? If it would be possible to devise a system using radio (Bluetooth-like), lasers or even LED signaling between the lens and the body, perhaps it wouldn't be necessary to change the mechanical linkage between the body and the lens at all? Huh?

JC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many S system cameras do Solms people think they could sell ?

And, do they think about how many people with R stuff are waiting for something really compatible with it ?

I'm afraid for many of us, it will be the only reason to still purchase Leica gear.

After many years.

I cant quite fathom. They establish these market niches, neglect them, and expect everyone to jump in a new direction well past useby. I always thought the Digilux2, and the DMR were pretty well respected. I wonder where regular and incremental improvements as hardware availed would have taken them.

edlaurpic,

"So what about the D Lux 4? I love it, and I have taken a lot of good shots with it, but it feels like something other than photography to me. Not bad, mind you, but different from the experience of visualizing the shot, choosing what to meter on and focus on and squeezing off the shot. Still love the D Lux 4, simply because now I never have to be without a camera."

I use the D Lux 4 with manual focus. Its faster. This photo was prefocused in the floor when I thought my daughter would make her goal shot.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Make a decent 24x36 M like camera with live view and you can put any lens in front.

As long as we have film, life is good. I really wish they had introduced a new 35 mm R lens before discontinuing the system.

• 4 weeks later...
Make a decent 24x36 M like camera with live view and you can put any lens in front.

As long as we have film, life is good. I really wish they had introduced a new 35 mm R lens before discontinuing the system.

Really?

The 35 lux is AMAZING at f/4.0 if somewhat glowy wide open and equals the summicron at f/2.0 f/2.8 and f/3.5 but blows it away after that... I own and shoot both on my Canon 5D Mark II.

I hope Leica bring out a wonderful (digital) camera for me to use all my R mount glass on, the Canon is good, but it's not a Leica.