Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica IIIb, 1939 issued with Elmar 3.5/50 chrome and FISON sunshade,

sided by two Summitar 2/50, SOORE

One with dome shaped iris and UV filter.

Second with flat shaped iris and Yellow filter with red box.

The barn door sunshade clamp on model for Summitar SOOPD.

Evereadycase and Leica catalogs from the 30’ies.

Edited by jc_braconi

Very nice JC! Yet another selection looking as if they have come off the dealer shelf. What is the condition of the glass on the Summitars? And cheekily; have you got a black IIIb under wraps?

Delightful; thank you for sharing.

Alan

Edited by darigle

Yet another selection looking as if they have come off the dealer shelf.

Alan, I always tried to get items in as "mint" as possible conditions, this can avoid to be frustated or have to find an another one in better conditions and next have to try to sell the first one, also usualy items in original boxes are always in better conditions

What is the condition of the glass on the Summitars?

(b)Like new.

when I can get one, I leave a filter to protect the front lens, here I do not remove them before making the picture[/b]

And cheekily; have you got a black IIIb under wraps?

I have no report of IIIb, black paint, commercialy issued

I post these pictures to illustrate, as well as possible, the evolution of the Leitz cameras and lens + accessories, I do not explain the caracteristics because there are a lot of books and also the Wikipedia for this purpose. Just for the fun

Thank you.

Thanks JC; always a good idea to have the filter on. True, on the IIIb, depending on which reference you look at, P Van Hasbroeck suggests five black were produced but as you state, not commercially; just me being cheeky!

Alan, I always tried to get items in as "mint" as possible conditions, this can avoid to be frustated or have to find an another one in better conditions and next have to try to sell the first one, also usualy items in original boxes are always in better conditions

JC; those words of yours are so true and wise. Items I have bought in mint boxed condition have always been the best buys.

'One remembers the quality long after you have forgotten the price paid'

Best regards

Alan

JC,

Your posts are truly enjoyable, exceptional presentation of those jewels. Looks like you have quite the extensive collection.

Looking at all your posts I now know how my dogs feel when I pull a nice roast out of the oven

Thank you for sharing.

Peter