Maximizing LCD brightness - DLUX 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the LCD set for maximum brightness (+3) from the Setup menu. I also have the LCD mode set for the "box with a star" (as opposed to box with star and "off" or box with a star and an "A"), under which "The monitor becomes easier to see (brighter, e.g. for outdoors) per the manual.

Outside in bright sunlight I have trouble seeing the image in the LCD. However, when I depress the shutter half way, it brightens considerably so I can see the image, just before the focus sets and then it dims again.

Is there any way to keep the brightest LCD image all the time?

BGreig

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By boojum
      I have an M240 with the Epson viewfinder which turns the camera into a virtual SLR.  And when that happens I can use any lens which can be adapted to this camera. Currently I use a Pentax 50mm f/1.4 which is not RF compatible but with the VF it works just fine.  There are many old K mount zooms and macro zooms available to very attractive prices which would also work just fine.  So, my question is, has anyone on the board tried this?  And how did it work if it has been tried?  
      There is an abundance of new glass out there for Leicas and it is very good and the prices are very attractive.  With that electronic viewfinder a lot of old glass is usable, too.
    • By JapanFoto
      Hi All,
      I am considering buying a Zeiss 35mm lens for my M6 with 0.85 viewfinder.
      I can not really decide between the 2.8 and the 2.0 version. I would like to have the extra stop of light – but not sure if this would block the view- or rangefinder window.
      The little bit more money isn’t the problem – has anyone an Idea of the blockage with and without lens hood ?
      Thanks for thoughts and advice
      Thomas
    • By richardHernandezi
      IMG_4284.HEIC
      Hi There,
      I recently bought my dream camera, a Leica IIIf! 
      The unit came with a VIOHH Universal Viewfinder and noticed that the framing is crooked (see attached image). Has anyone seen this issue before, or know how to troubleshoot?
      Thanks in advance!

Rich

• By Merv-O
      Recently, my lightly used CL has been having viewfinder issues. When I turn it on it opens in the LCD mode as soon as I take a photo, it stays in the eyepiece /viewfinder mode even when I move my eye away. I have adjusted the sensitivity to auto, light, etc.  The only way it returns to the screen is by Turing the camera off/on again.
      This has reduced the enjoyment of the CL for me. Is anyone else seeing this chronic issue and is there a fix short of sending the CL back to the Leica (NJ) "hospital" for weeks.....and repair expense?
      Hope someone has an answer-my local Leica dealer was without an explanation.