M8 Firmware 2.004

dfarkas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This just in:

Leica is releasing new firmware v2.004 for the M8 and M8.2 on March 3rd as a free download on the Leica website. Here's what's new:

• 6-bit coding support has been added for the 50mm Noctilux-M f/0.95 ASPH and the 18mm Super-Elmar-M f/3.8 ASPH.

• Discreet advance is now available for all M8 models (M8, M8u, and M8.2)

Enjoy.

David

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the news.

For those of us who never leap into the latest firmware -- we'd rather learn your "crashing and burning" first -- can you give us a thumbnail sketch of what "discrete advance" might be?

Thanks!

-g

Edited by grober

... -- can you give us a thumbnail sketch of what "discrete advance" might be?

It sounds to be the discreet function that was introduced with the M8.2 where the shutter doesn't re-cock until the shutter button is released.

Great news, Leica, and it's great to know that you're listening! :)

Pete.

Darn! - and I lose my high-speed internet today (Feb. 28 - newspaper finally folded - cleaning out my desk now!)

Let's see - at 9 minutes per megabyte download time.......

Anyone want to help a leisure-class (i.e. unemployed, freelance, whatever) photographer by sending a 2.004 CARE package on a CD? (PM me)

Grober, I believe that the discreet advance might be the same setting as the M8.2 has. This means that the shutter release will be delayed as long as you hold the button down.If I am right, we will be able to "cloak " the noise of the shutter on our M8(M8u)just like the owners of M8.2 owners. Eagerly awaiting announcement on March 3rd. to confirm this. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? let us know. Russell

Edited by russell c. greenberg
I meant to write owners of M8.2 cameras, must proofread better

Grober, I believe that the discreet advance might be the same setting as the M8.2 has. This means that the shutter release will be delayed as long as you hold the button down.If I am right, we will be able to "cloak " the noise of the shutter on our M8(M8u)just like the owners of M8.2 owners. Eagerly awaiting announcement on March 3rd. to confirm this. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? let us know. Russell

It will be interesting to see how the KeeeerThunkWizzzzz is discreeted on the M8 Classic?...

Keeeer..........ThunkWizzzzz

or

KeeeerThunk............Wizzzzz

Leica just keeps giving!

:p