Anyone for a "D-Lux 4 Challenge"...?

bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Given that this little camera and it's Panasonic equivalent seems to have captured the imagination here, what's the level of interest in running a "D-Lux 4 Challenge" along the lines of the "Barnack Challenge"?

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/barnack-challenge/announcements.html

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/barnack-challenge/

Regards,

Bill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I'd be interested, too!

So, instead of "one roll of film," we'd be doing 36 shots with no deletes, right?

Yes, that's fair. It would be on a trust basis of course.

I would be interested, as long as there are not a large set of restrictive rules (e.g. you can do x, but not y in pp).

The rules for the Barnack are "anything you could do in a wet darkroom 50 years ago" so I suppose for the D-Lux Challenge it should be "anything you can do on a PC 5 minutes ago" :D

Maybe the fair way to do it would be to stipulate no more than a total of 30 minutes of post-processing on your final image - this is about your photographic skills with a particular camera, after all, and not about how adept we are with Photoshop ;)

Thoughts?

Regards,

Bill

Sure, I'd be interested, too!

So, instead of "one roll of film," we'd be doing 36 shots with no deletes, right?

I was wondering the same thing...

Also, assuming we're doing this imminently (the next 30 days), please select a topic that is seasonally appropriate, particularly for those of us in the more dreadful parts of North America. I know its not exactly pleasant in the UK this time of year (cold and rainy), but I'm looking at 9 inches of snow later today! So can't see myself doing a whole lot of outdoor photography for a few weeks yet.

Jeff.

I was wondering the same thing...

Also, assuming we're doing this imminently (the next 30 days), please select a topic that is seasonally appropriate, particularly for those of us in the more dreadful parts of North America. I know its not exactly pleasant in the UK this time of year (cold and rainy), but I'm looking at 9 inches of snow later today! So can't see myself doing a whole lot of outdoor photography for a few weeks yet.

Jeff.

I take your point, Jeff - no macro shots of spring flowers, eh? :D

We're now up to 8 - a couple more and I think I'll get the ball rolling properly...!

Regards,

Bill

Hi

I have got the lx3 can I join in ?

You certainly can. But it is only for D-Lux 4 and LX-3 - no earlier models, I feel, because these cameras, IMO, represent a big leap forward; I haven't seen such interest in a non-M Leica digital since the Digilux 2, of which it reminds me.

Regards,

Bill