C1 4.6.1 previews not rendering

MV8

• 2 weeks later...
It would be nice if it rendered the folder names on my computer! Unusable since many versions back for the same reason & no help by deleting plist etc

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying C1 can't read your folder names? Are you on a Mac or PC?

Use Mac 10.5.6./PowerMac Quad Core ;When I open C1- 4x only a few of the folders which contain images are visible with the folder names. Most other folders show up as folders but with no name unless I click on the folder & then the folder name will show. Obviously, it is quite annnoying & tedious to click each of the 1500+ folders to find the folder I need.

Has anyone else using the Mac version noticed a slight blurring of the image after it loads? When I click on an image in the browser pane, at the instant it displays in the window, it is nice and sharp. Then a split second later, it has a slight blurry effect, almost like an anti-aliasing. Really annoying. Yet one more reason that I won't touch this application once the D-Lux 4 is supported by Aperture.

Jeff.

Jeff,

C1 4.6.2 is now available that fixes a number of different bugs.

IMHO Aperture is not even a contender against C1.

I've got 4.6.2 --- downloaded it last night. Still exhibits this behaviour.

I respect your opinion, but find everything (save for the D-Lux 4 support) in Capture One inferior to Aperture: the interface, the workflow, the editing toolset, the many and varied bugs, the lack of support for plug-ins, etc. I know many purists will maintain that Capture One is the best for RAW development of Leica files (DMR, M8 in particular), but I'm not so discriminating as to see any significant difference on, for example, a Digilux 3 file. I don't own a DMR or M8, can't test my D-Lux 4 yet, etc. But for me, the RAW conversion on Aperture is good enough, it's workflow and interface fantastic, and it's getting enough good plugins (I like the Nik tools in particular) that I find myself going into CS3 less and less. But f*ck Apple for taking so long to provide D-Lux 4/LX3 support.

Jeff.