Anguish

JE

Jonathan, as this post demonstrates, it's not the technical details that move us, it's the emotions. For me, the image is far more potent because we can't make out the details of the face. It's easier to experience this, as ourself.

I share this view. This image has a dark element to it, and that's part of its power, but its not a darkness in a negative sense, more like the dark night of the soul seeking refuge in the Holy.

Great shot and presentation.

I share this view. This image has a dark element to it, and that's part of its power, but its not a darkness in a negative sense, more like the dark night of the soul seeking refuge in the Holy.

Great shot and presentation.

I guess I see it more pragmatically--a cold, homeless guy seeking a warm place to rest. ;)

Good stuff Jonathan, but get rid of the fugly frame it doesn't enhance the image, the figure's relationship with the course background that makes it work and work well. Print the image and stick it in a book that you will probably look at in about 10 years time and the image will surprise you once again

Thanks Ivan.

MPerson, thank you.

Thank you Ben, and I certainly agree.

Thanks Kirk.

Thanks Wilfredo.

fotografr, you can only see it like this because of Amado's photo...otherwise...

Thanks Imants. One day I'll get around to printing some images...so far I haven't done it.

vdb, thank you kindly.

Amado, yeah, I was looking though the past...

Jonathan

I guess I see it more pragmatically--a cold, homeless guy seeking a warm place to rest. ;)

That first shot does not reveal who this person is, it could be anybody rich or poor. The color pictures tell the story of who this person might be. When I focus on the color pictures, I can see what you see but for me, a powerful image goes beyond pragmatism, a powerful image penetrates the veil in front of our eyes. I think the first one does that very well. It opens the imagination, it calls you to pause and take a look.

Edited by wilfredo