Acessories for D lux 4

v1hypersg

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

"Must buy" accessories will probably depend on what you're planning to use the D-Lux4 for; so, for example if you're going to shoot at night then a tripod will be handy, or if you want to shoot super-wide then the Panasonic LX-3's wide-angle attachment lens may be useful.

Many people who use the D-Lux4 have taken advantage of its hot-shoe and use an external viewfinder instead of the LCD screen to compose shots but this won't provide a zoomed or focussed view. The Leica external vf is quite expensive and some users have opted for the less-expensive LX-3 vf or another appropriate vf they may already own instead.

Personally I use a Voigtlander 21mm external vf that I already had and I also bought the LA-4 lens adaptor and polarising filter for those rare sunny days with clear blue skies. :rolleyes:

I haven't bought a protective filter because lens coatings are quite resilient these days providing they aren't abused, and a protective filter would invite flare in some lighting situations.

If one wasn't supplied with the camera, a case and strap will be useful too.

HTH.

Pete.

hi,

can anyone advise or recommend any must buy accessories for the leica d lux 4 ?

like tripod, lens filter to protect the lens

thanks

As Pete had mentioned - the lens adapter along with a few good filters and perhaps a pedal hood as well should be considered. I found that it's easier (and more stable) to hold the camera with the adapter.

Just ordered the hand grip, will see how useful that is when it arrives...

I would also suggest a TTL flash with bounce - The Olympus FL-36 is an option, although a little big, it does work flawlessly with the DL4.

Last, but not least, is a suitable case like Luigi, or possibly the limited edition ever-ready case by Leica (similar to the one that comes with the Ti edition but comes in a Mocha colour) and/or neck/wrist strap (check out Gordy's).

Bills for this little camera can add up really quickly... But that's part of the joy of photography, isn't it?? (That's what I keep telling the wife :rolleyes:)

viewfinder a great tool.

And the Luigi case is something I also have for my other camera.

Here are some pics of the case and the finder:

Leica

Please note that this is actually a Leica M finder.

It works very well, but it does not allow the flash to pop up.

The original D-Lux finder is slightly smaller and does not have that problem.

I just could not wait until that finder hits the shelves.

Geo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

and now there's to be a new ever-ready case for the D-LUX 4 (looks similar to the one bundled with the D-LUX 4 Titanium) @ GBP125*

*as reported by Red Dot Cameras - Leica Cameras, Leica Binoculars, Metz Flashguns, Manfrotto Tripods, Leitz

West Coast Cameras' got them in stock for US$189.95 if anyone's interested :-)

• 5 years later...
Guest smithdonald

Capture inspiration in pin-sharp images with a high dynamic range.The right accessories make your camera outfit even more user-friendly

.From cases to camera protectors, rangefinders to flash units all are available at

www.xtreme-items.com and you can get the best camera acessories for your camera.

Thanks

Smithdonald

The Panasonic wide angle adapter 0.75 is very good too. It leads to an 18mm lens!

Jan

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=446764&stc=1&d=1405116458

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!