All Leica book: "The Constant Eye"

phc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've managed to get the softcover version of The Constant Eye up on the Blurb website now, which makes things much less expensive.

0209081303-1.jpg

Plaza Redonda, Valencia, Spain. September 2002.

There are 32 pictures, all taken with either an M6TTL or an M7, and all with 50mm. I discuss why I use only standard lenses, and refuse to crop, on the website for the book, so I won't go into it here, but please have a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. It's always good to get feedback!

Cheers, Paul.

Paul,

Of course I took a look and then looked again: you have a wonderful hand and your photo's remind me of Ronis and Cartier Bresson. Strong viewpoints (Christ on the beach, the water flowing out of the pots shot from above) mixed with interesting action (people just walking out of the scene or crossing in front of a building, thee guy with te bull at the edge of the water).

Good pointer also: just take your camera, use one lens and go out and shoot.

regards,

Marco

Thank you all for your responses, I'm very glad you like the pictures. It's very difficult, when you're sitting on your own, sifting through hundreds of pictures, trying to decide on just 30 or 40 to go into a collection. What to discard? Are they all good? Are they all awful? You begin to question everything, so it's great to get feedback like this.

Daniel: I'll be in touch!

Cheers, Paul.

I like the shots quite a lot. There is a sense of peace in most of them, or tranquility perhaps. At least that was the feeling I had at the end, as opposed to "edginess" or tension. This is a positive.

Your comment about liking to shoot in the flat light of northern Europe as opposed to the stronger light of the Med is also interesting. I find it difficult to make interesting images in that flat light, which implies I must rely on more contrast to create appeal. You have obviously overcome that problem by thoughtful perspective and use of geometric images to create interest. Being able to "see" in black and white is a learned skill, which you clearly have.

Doug