D2 pict. adj.

martinvath

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just recived my new Digilux 2 from Popflash Photo. Excelent item with new sensor and it looks so cool even my wife think it is a nice retrolooking camera;o)

Now I´m playing around with the camera and come to thinking if any of You have input about the pict. adj. setting. Do You use them on standard og some on high or low?

Best regards

Martin

Just recived my new Digilux 2 from Popflash Photo. Excelent item with new sensor and it looks so cool even my wife think it is a nice retrolooking camera;o)

Now I´m playing around with the camera and come to thinking if any of You have input about the pict. adj. setting. Do You use them on standard og some on high or low?

Best regards

Martin

I would leave the settings in their default positions.

The only "custom" setting on mine is the cursor settings for the wheel. I prefer the up arrow to set the quality and the down arrow to set the ISO. The other two are white balance and spot focus.

You'll find a lot of information on Thorsten's site.

And you may find interesting Digilux 2 ramblings on my journal.

hi there .... best of luck with your D2 .... great camera.

my (non-pro) comments are:

i use the default settings almost always (if the world is drab and i'm in a punchy mood about the subject, i will kick up the saturation).

the bounce flash is the best thing anyone ever invented for flash users (why would anyone use a small direct flash unless shooting horror movies ?)..... better yet, don't use flash at all (but that comment is not specific to the D2).

don't overlook that B&W "color balance" setting .... you will be very impressed with those results.

What does colour balance B&W setting mean? How do I get it in the camera? Thanks.

Two ways:

1. Choose "Menu" scroll to "W.Balance" then scroll across to "B/W".

2. Chose "Function" then up to "W.Balance" then down to "B/W".

Page 128 in the manual. Hope that helps.

Two ways:

1. Choose "Menu" scroll to "W.Balance" then scroll across to "B/W".

2. Chose "Function" then up to "W.Balance" then down to "B/W".

Page 128 in the manual. Hope that helps.

Ah. Thanks. It simply means using B&W in the camera! LOL. I thought there was some way to tweak the B&W setting further -- you know, like with the new firmware for the Ricoh GRD, where you can adjust saturation and contrast to B&W images in the camera itself.

The comments on the B&W in camera setting are interesting. I don't normally go B&W but would always have shot in the normal way and then tried the various B&W process options offered in Lightroom. Maybe some comparison tests are in order.