Also sprach.... Ampthill

biglouis

Guys, thanks for the mental health tips:D :D

I returned to the subject because I harbour a desire to produce a small blurb book of the photographs I have of Ampthill. It occured to me on Monday that if I did not leg it down to Ampthill, it could be another few years before photographing it with snow might occur. The sun positioning was a bonus and I am impressed at how difficult it is to generate flare in the WATE (there is tiny amount I ps out when I processed the shot).

Thanks again for all the positive comments.

LouisB

Ok Louis,

Spill the beans a la Emin or Hirst (or JMW Turner thinking about your last shot.)

What is it about these monstrosities that inspires you?:D :D (I have to admit now on the way into Euston on the train I automatically look to my left as we approach to see these objects!!!)

Guys, thanks for the mental health tips:D :D

I returned to the subject because I harbour a desire to produce a small blurb book of the photographs I have of Ampthill.

I make my own books of much better quality using Epson Storyteller supplies and software. They supply glossy paper but I use my heavy matte. Very nice looking. I have made 4 so far and I get to do the printing. They often have a 2 for 1 sale so the stuff is $15 for a 20 page book. It comes with a dustcover that you also print.

Caryl

Good thinking Louis with regard to the snow in the scene, just a pity so much had been trampled.

Actually when I first saw the shot I thought they had torn one of the towers down!!

Andy, if this happens again... sod school... I'll make for this park and get a 'virgin' snow scene!

Keith, thanks for asking. This all came about because of a dramatic view of the towers from the Parkway bridge in Camden. I liked the way they stood out in high contrast lighting situations. Then it occured to me that as no one else had done it, I could create a north London landscape portfolio centred around the towers as a point of reference.

My long term goal is to produce a small book with some history about the estate. I have got some research to do and I've already identified at least one person to interview about the estate.

LouisB