Curiosity... one lens

Mauribix

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys, this is a question for those of you who actually own more than just one lens.

How many times did you find yourself shooting with just one lens, carryin no other lens with you than the one on your camera?

And, in the case it happened frequently, did you mainly opt for a WideAngle (12 to 28mm) or a Normal (35 to 50) lens on your M8?

Thanks

Maurizio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We recently made a trip to Tuscany and I only took a 21mm lens for the M8. It was perfect for landscapes and cityscapes which is what I wanted while my wife captured the vacation highlights with her camera.

I would do it again for travel as a wide lens on the M8 is an ideal combination.

My father was once appalled to hear, upon my return from a two week road trip, that I had carried nothing but a 20mm.

The fewer decisions to be made while shooting, the more shooting will be done. The 28 is the stock lens for the M6ttl, the 21 for the M8.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Maurizio,

28mm or 35mm on the M8, definitely 35mm on the M6.

Pretty sure I take both more and better pictures when I leave the bag at home.. tend to get distracted by choices. Guess Im a simple person. The truth is that when I have one lens, I tend to work with that lens, but if there is choices in lenses, then I start thinking about what lens might be better....

If only one, then a 35mm on M8. And indeed, one lens = no discussion = work with what you have = think more about what you want to achieve.

21mm is just a little too wide for me, even for landscapes. I have a 15mm and I really almost never use it. Got a 50mm 1.4 I love and also use regularly.

Marco

Guest wls.shanghai

....why curiosity... :eek:

for me - this is standard :cool:

usually I leave the house with one lens only.

summicron 35 oder summicron 50 and with film (full size sensor) :)

Regards

wls

Don't have an M8 (what's the standard lens on an M8? About 35mm?) but I only ever use 50s on my film Ms. I can spend more time shooting and less time worry about gear. As icqcq says, the fewer decisions I have to make, the better.

Of course I'm not saying everyone should work like this!

Cheers, Paul.