"Do you know the world ?" -- Competition --

T00m

Then follow these Karavanserai photo's.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

3 hours ago, Dirk Van der Herten said:

A needle in a haystack, excellent! :-) You have posted one of the very intriguing riddles in this thread.

Thanks, I like this too, intriguing. I wouldn’t think that the castle/karavanserai is gone in the meantime. Turkye is rather serious with its history, tourism is important for them. 

16 hours ago, Dirk Van der Herten said:

I understand the first photo of the village on the hilltop on the contact sheet appears in between Agzikarahan caravanseray and the cavedwellings. 
So the sequence on the sheet is 1 caravanseray - 2 hilltop village - 3 cavedwellings. 
Is that correct?

Yes but exactly the other way around. Cavedwellings first, hilltop in between, caravanserai last. But we don’t know whether I toured in a circle on the motorcycle or straight. I went to the Taurus by bus. 

15 hours ago, Dirk Van der Herten said:

It looks you took the photo near Güzelyurt, 37 km from the caravanseray.  

The old Byzantine monastery, situated on a hilltop 3 km. from Güzelyurt, is known as Yüksek Kilise.

I just checked it and saw a photo of Güzelyurt (meaning ‘nice yurt’) which is very similar to mine, just taken from either the other side or just a higher position, or there were  less houses in 1987. 

Edited by otto.f

1 hour ago, otto.f said:

there were  less houses in 1987

It was a lot of fun solving the riddle.

I crossed the region, too, a long time ago, and it has indeed changed enormously. I remember that on the local busses they used to sprinkle the passengers frequently with rosewater. It was a rather wild region in those days. The dry plains around Tüz Gölu were almost completely deserted then.

The next turn goes to someone else who would like to post something. Or perhaps you might have another go, Otto.

50 minutes ago, Dirk Van der Herten said:

It was a lot of fun solving the riddle.

I crossed the region, too, a long time ago, and it has indeed changed enormously. I remember that on the local busses they used to sprinkle the passengers frequently with rosewater. It was a rather wild region in those days. The dry plains around Tüz Gölu were almost completely deserted then.

The next turn goes to someone else who would like to post something. Or perhaps you might have another go, Otto.

Yes, the photo on internet is much too green to my taste and in what I remember. I think my photo was made from about the same perspective, but it could well be there was no water yet. 
I remember the rose water in the busses too, and how soon after departure they presented tea in the typical tulip formed glasses on the little metal saucers. 

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 1

Here's a similar question. Does someone know what the title and whereabouts is of this waterfall? I forgot but I still have the roll of film and can give adjacent shots if needed. Same M4 but probably with the Elmar ii 90/4.0

Edited by otto.f