DL4 free case - how long? (UK members)

jrh68uk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I sent off for my DL-4 free case a week ago (don't get me started on colours!). I know that they (Milton Keynes) say allow 28 days for delivery, but I'm wondering whether it really does take that long. I'm getting impatient! ;)

To anyone who has recently received theirs, how long did it take? I guess I'm also slightly concerned about my warranty card and the postal system...

Cheers,

Jason

I sent off for a brown one - to Milton Keynes - on January 24th (a Saturday). As checking the Royal Mail's Track and Trace service still drew a blank by the 29th, I phoned Leica's Customer Service who confirmed that my request for a case had arrived on the 28th; but due to a high demand had run out of them. More are supposedly on their way to Milton Keynes even as I write, so I confidently expect mine to arrive well within a 28 day period.

well... I got mine (free of charge) from Harrison Cameras along w/ my DL4, no need to wait. It took only 5 days from the UK to Portugal...

;)

Hello all - I'm about to join the world of Leica with a D-lux 4 on it's way - so am new to this forum. I also bought from Harrison Cameras but they told me that I would have to send off to MK for the case. I hope that as I bought the camera before 31/1/09 Leica will honour the case (they told me the offer was only until 31/1). I'm in the UK, so perhaps EU orders get the case from Harrison, but UK orders need to send off... seems a bit odd though!!

Hello all - I'm about to join the world of Leica with a D-lux 4 on it's way - so am new to this forum. I also bought from Harrison Cameras but they told me that I would have to send off to MK for the case. I hope that as I bought the camera before 31/1/09 Leica will honour the case (they told me the offer was only until 31/1). I'm in the UK, so perhaps EU orders get the case from Harrison, but UK orders need to send off... seems a bit odd though!!

I cannot explain it to you..! Before I ordered the camera I asked Harrison Cameras about the procedure to get the free case and they replied it would be delivered along w/ the DL4. Just ordered it the same minute and everything arrived as mentioned... It was a perfect service: good communication, fast delivery.

;)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There are two "grades" of Leica Dealers, Premier and Authorised respectively. The reason why Harrison's suppied the case with the camera is almost certainly because they are designated among the first "grade". A quick search on the Solms website revealed that there are only two Premier dealers within a 100 mile radius of my home. Ffordes (where I bought my DL4) are one of the several Authorised Dealers, who all (evidently) sent each purchaser a voucher.

QED

(I only speak as a UK resident, though presumably this Dealer designation is universal)

There are two "grades" of Leica Dealers, Premier and Authorised respectively. The reason why Harrison's suppied the case with the camera is almost certainly because they are designated among the first "grade". A quick search on the Solms website revealed that there are only two Premier dealers within a 100 mile radius of my home. Ffordes (where I bought my DL4) are one of the several Authorised Dealers, who all (evidently) sent each purchaser a voucher.

QED

(I only speak as a UK resident, though presumably this Dealer designation is universal)

They not supply me with the case for camera ( also brouth from Harison's ):mad:

No info, nothing , i have to rang them for advise how to get my "free" case from M>K

Leica.

The free case is normally only available by sending the warranty card but it seems that to attract non-UK buyers some Premier Leica dealers were sending cases from their own stock with the DL4 to overseas buyers and getting replacements from MK.

Unfortunately if you're in the UK you'll have to send the card in and join the queue. Yep, queueing as usual <sigh>.

Don't feel too bad about it though because you're getting for £499 what I paid £630 for because I was an early DL4 adopter, the case wasn't free and the sales price was higher. :o Such is life.

Pete.

Don't feel too bad about it though because you're getting for £499 what I paid £630 for because I was an early DL4 adopter, the case wasn't free and the sales price was higher. :o Such is life.

Pete.

I sympathise .... £677 now gets you the D-Lux 4 Ti from Red Dot Cameras, including the exclusive grey case ...!

• 2 weeks later...

I called them yesterday as mine still hasn't arrived. But the main reason I called was to make sure they had received my warranty card and that they had me on the system.

I was told that they are waiting for stock and that I'd receive mine as soon as it comes in. There was no estimate as to when this would be, but I was just releived that my warranty card hadn't been lost in the post.

i sent off the necessary paperwork in the second week of January and received mine (a black one) in the post yesterday. i did call them (Leica MK) just before I sent off for it to be told that they had stocks-a-plenty.... then when I called again a couple of weeks ago i was told that they were all out and awaiting new stock with an eta of 10 days.

now the funny thing is that while the case is nice piece of work, i would never pay for it as i really don't find it practical (i had the brown leather one with the D-LUX 2 and never used it). for me, the D-LUX is a 'coat pocket' camera which it certainly isn't with the leather case.