how to keep exif data in conversion

MEB

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I shoot exclusively in DNG (or NEF in my Nikon cameras). The two converters that I use are C1 and Lightroom 2.2. Can someone tell me how I can include the exif data in the photo when I convert some of my pictures to jpg for posting on the web? Currently, whenever I convert to jpg the exif data gets stripped from the file.

Thanks for your help,

Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)

Hello,

I shoot exclusively in DNG (or NEF in my Nikon cameras). The two converters that I use are C1 and Lightroom 2.2. Can someone tell me how I can include the exif data in the photo when I convert some of my pictures to jpg for posting on the web? Currently, whenever I convert to jpg the exif data gets stripped from the file.

Thanks for your help,

Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)

You're converting from C1 and your EXIF data gets stripped? That's odd, and shouldn't happend. What version of C1 are you using?

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if it gets stripped using C1 (ver 4.6). I know for sure that Lightroom strips it off. I usually use Lightroom but I am getting used to C1 and using it more now.

Mark

Mark--

I'm not competent with either Lightroom or Capture One, but I know that Photoshop CS2 and earlier had a "Save for Web..." option. That defaulted to 'strip exif data,' but had a checkbox to reverse that. IIRC, If you chose "Save as..." instead, and then selected JPG, CS2 defaulted to saving all the data.

I think there will be some switch that will let you select whether to delete the exif data or not when converting to JPG. And in all likelihood, it will be someplace in the program where you would never expect it. :rolleyes:

Someone will likely be along soon to tell you where to find the settings switch.