I'm new here - hello

Pete Millson

Nice comments everyone. So you are all out there then!

There were some questions which I will make-up some answers to.

What is Humanist? Answer: I don't really know. From my perspective it's showing that we all have the capacity for good and we all tend to tackle life's conundrums the only way we can - as humans. Something like that anyway.

What gear? Answer: I'm not really a gear person (and I'll probably get sent packing for that) but I do love the camera I use which is an M6. I have two lenses: a 50mm summicron and a Voigtlander 35mm.

What film? Answer: (and I'm really sorry about this) whatever's cheapest!

My turn to have a look around now.

Regards,

PETE.

Welcome, Pete. I share your interest in humanist photography -- as you say, whatever it is... And while this isn't perhaps the place to set up a thread of competing definitions I think I might go further and even say 'humanist photography in the Magnum tradition'...

Now that's not to say there aren't great photographers (and agencies) beyond Magnum, but it is to say that I have spent more happy, satisfied and productive hours browsing the Magnum website than any other I know of.

cheers