Let's talk bags for the M8

Guest guy_mancuso

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The leather Barbour bag, with Billingham Hadley's insert works very well.

Hmm, that Barbour bag looks suspiciously like my leather Billingham Hadley, perhaps that's why the insert fits ;-)

I've found mine ideal for an M system, or an R without long lenses for that matter.

Here's what one looks like after a few years of hard use.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I use an f/64 bag, that looks like a student's shoulder bag. I put a Domke 3-compartment insert into it, similar to the one a couple of pictures above.

It's whatsit-waterproof fabric, so is light -- and doesn't look like a c-a-m-e-r-a bag. I also use a backpack on occasion, with my stuff in pouches and everready cases, just stuffed in it. It's water resistant as well.

I like light and doesn't-look-like-anything as the primary characteristics of my bags. Then, even when a Leica is around my neck. since they are so unobtrusive no one thinks, "Hey, he's got a whole bag of that stuff."

Guest guy_mancuso

That leather Barbour is a looker but than you have to stack lenses which kind of bums me out. Also John it is a lot bigger 15 inches wide and the Artisian is 12 i think plus it is pretty deep . If it was a small messenger i would buy it in a second just a little big. It is a beauty though

An unusual one,

A Gnass bag. Designed to hold LF lenses, but an M body and 4 lenses fit in very nicely.

Very compact, good carrying handle, smart, extremely well made and cab be worn around the waist.

Rolo

I do dislike the "man purse" look. Not that there's anything wrong with them. 8-)

Next time I fly, in addition to the backpack bag, I'm thinking that I might stick a small olive-colored Domke in my checked luggage, and use that as a walk-around bag. If you drag it outside your car for a while, and then pee on it, and then run it through the washer a few times, it loses that "man-purse" aura, and takes on a completely different one. Or so I'm told.

JC

After a year with a 1DsII + glass, every bag I have is way too large. :) Sooo...

Got the little Domke F-5XB. Perfect for M2 and 2 lenses. Looks like a purse. Damn....:(

Now onto the F-803. Perfect for M2, 3 lenses, lightmeter.... looks a bit like a small briefcase. Better... Stacking is a problem. Need a soft pouch for the 50 cron.

Domke bags are such a good deal!

Matt

ThinkTank Glass Taxi.

This is a back pack/shoulder bag. It has lots of very small squares via the dividers, thus the slippery, small diameter Leica devils stay in place. It's not a carry around bag. Too big. The pictures don't show the dividers. Look at the Airport Antidote for an idea.

Also; A bag for a digital, needs to have a little mesh or plastic pouch for SD cards, extra battery, etc.

Maker of pro photography equipment - camera bags, digital camera cases: Think Tank Photo

I bought a bag from Naneu Pro. I'd never heard of them before, but at $45... why not. Olive or black 900 Denier nylon. Zipper closure, so no velcor getting to camera/lenses. Dimensions are 13.5L x 4.5W x 9.5H. It comes with 2 sets of removable dividers.. probably worth the price by themselves. I'm presently using bag for M6 w/ 50/2 attached, 21/2.8, 35/2 'cron, Sekonic meter, and various other stuff. Seems to work well for my needs, but time will tell how it holds up. Web site link as follows: Naneu Pro | Camera Bag & Laptop Case Solutions

You know I went looking for a fishing satchel the other day.....hey it is waterproof....for my arse...uh....I mean my Rsss. 'Parently the business didn't survive GST, so they reckon these blokes stitch up stuff for mining industry toolbags, which are water proof, bomb proof, can I say that? at six times the price of fishing bags if you can find them. Bag will survive a coal dump huh. Camera...hmmm...maybe not Leica. Pana cake leica. Heh:D Anyway, what was it? Oh yeah...world peace, end to starvation or no more malaria...hmmm...lets see...Billingham baggggggg.

Hey I am allowed it is the weekend.!!!! Red Hat isn't just comuter software you know.

Right now I'm using a Domke F6 in ballistic black. I throw 3 M bodies, 4 lenses, flash, meter and film in there. Small enough bag. I've been using Domke bags for years...own 3 of them in varying sizes.

This is such an important topic.

I agree, we should be discussing UV filters ;-)

so, how many of you place your leica lenses in the leather pouch & the pouch in the bag or do you just go bare back??

The pouches stay in the original cardboard boxes - so I can make a few pounds extra if I sell a lens. Can't see the point of them in everyday use.