Viewfinders interchangeable on LX3 - DLux4?

bgreig

Will the Lumix DMW-VF1 Optical Viewfinder for Lumix DMC-LX3 work on the Leica D LUX 4?

Of course. These are just manual viewfinders -- the electronic contacts of the hot shoe aren't engaged at all. So any vf that mounts in a standard hotshoe will work, provided it gives a FOV that's actually useful.

Jeff.

It will work, but the world won't look as rosy as through the Leica finder

Hello,

I am also looking for an viewfinder in Holland, but he is still not for sale, maybe next month.

But why do you prefere the panasonic viewfinder and not the Leica?,

greetings Peter from Holland

Why don't you get it from the UK? I got one from Robert White within the week.

In the meantime I used the CV 25 mm viewfinder, which through being larger gives a better view than the Leica. It prevents the flash from popping up though. The flash clears the Leica viewer by a fraction of a mm.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I am also looking for an viewfinder in Holland, but he is still not for sale, maybe next month.

But why do you prefere the panasonic viewfinder and not the Leica?,

greetings Peter from Holland

I prefer the Panasonic for three reasons:

1) It's more esthetically pleasing sitting on the camera

2) It clears the pop-up flash slightly more easily

3) It's a LOT less expensive

Richard D I was just looking at your profile to see where you live, as i have seen references before about the leica vf being twice the price of the pani and was wondering what market you are shopping in. in the uk they are the same price, £199. if you found a uk supplier that would ship to the US it would be 15% less as there would be no vat.

Richard D I was just looking at your profile to see where you live, as i have seen references before about the leica vf being twice the price of the pani and was wondering what market you are shopping in. in the uk they are the same price, £199. if you found a uk supplier that would ship to the US it would be 15% less as there would be no vat.

That would be a very good price for the Leica finder --- $285.00 USD at today's exchange. But $285.00 is not such a good price for the Panasonic VF1. It's selling for $190.00 at B&H, and possibly less elsewhere.

Jeff.

That would be a very good price for the Leica finder --- $285.00 USD at today's exchange. But $285.00 is not such a good price for the Panasonic VF1. It's selling for $190.00 at B&H, and possibly less elsewhere.

Jeff.

Don & Jeff,

Yes, B&H has the Panny viewfinder at $190 US, but are out of stock, as are most stores. But there's no way I'm gonna pay even that much for one. A couple places are listing them for $150+ but again are backordered. At 150 bucks, I'm in......:-)