Leicavit or not???

leicaoptik

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I am wondering, if it is a good idea to buy a leicavit for one of my M's.

I am glad to have a motor-drive on my R6, but I think it is quite different to the leicavit.

Is the M much more heavier or bulky with a leicavit? I love the M for the small and not weighty handling and I do not want to have a heavy camera.

Is the leicavit that mechanically fascinating as it seems to be?

Is it reliable and smooth shuttering?

If anybody has it, do you leave it anytime docked or only for rapid series?

Is the M much more voluminous with it?

Can you still use the lever as a restraint for the body, or has it to be retracted to use the leicavit?

Thanx for reply,

Philip

Hallo Philip,

Is the leicavit that mechanically fascinating as it seems to be?

Is it reliable and smooth shuttering?

If anybody has it, do you leave it anytime docked or only for rapid series?

Is the M much more voluminous with it?

The Leicavit is, i think, the M accessory i love very much.

It is reliable, smooth as the lever and fast and it is not that heavy.

The camera body gain in high and is quite handy.

I have it on LSM bodies, on M2 and i bought one contemporary (for a MP i didn't got till now).

Can you still use the lever as a restraint for the body, or has it to be retracted to use the leicavit?
You can use either lever or Leicavit on choice without bothering. You may also use 50/50 lever and Lecavit for one reloading. ;)

Hallo Philip,The Leicavit is, i think, the M accessory i love very much.

It is reliable, smooth as the lever and fast and it is not that heavy.

The camera body gain in high and is quite handy.

I have it on LSM bodies, on M2 and i bought one contemporary (for a MP i didn't got till now).

You can use either lever or Leicavit on choice without bothering. You may also use 50/50 lever and Lecavit for one reloading. ;)

Nothing that I could add to this statement!

best Wolfhard

Guest Bernd Banken

The Leicavit is THE accessory for every M. As a left eye shooter it's very convenient to keep the camera close to the forehead during the recocking and filmtransport.

It's an old school item and very sexy in mey eyes......:rolleyes:

Do you focus, change the aperture at the same time?

Yes.

Do you wind on
automatically as soon as Ive exposed a frame. Otherwise you get caught out thinking about it when you should be doing something else. You arent faster with a Leicavit.

ps... actually I am rolling my knuckle for exposure reading while I change focus, aperture and shutter speed with my fingertip, so really I guess I should edit the above to damn near "Yes I do." Maybe I just reckon if Ive got about ten grands worth of camera and lens Ive got some sort of responsibility to learn how to use it properly instead of adding tassles and shiny bits.

I don't know which model of M you're planning on using it with, if it's an M7 I'd recommend the Motor. A great gadget that doesn't weigh too much, is very quite and has a nice handle to hold on to.

If it's an MP, or an older M, you can't go wrong with a 'vit - or maybe a Rapidwinder.

Cheers, Paul.

Rapidwinder's the way to go. Better IMHO than the Leicavit.

Charlie

In what way do you feel it is better? I have not used the Rapidwinder, but own a Leicavit. The Rapidwinder is larger and heavier, but I have no experience of its operation and am curious about that.

I've owned the Rapidwinder and Motor-M's and suggest you try both before buying.

I bought the Rapidwinder here off the For Sale boards and put it on eBay a month later. Some time after I purchased a Motor-M and a week later I bought a second. Today I have the two.

One is fitted permanently to my M7 making it a very fast shooting camera. The one for my MP occasionally is removed for when I want the smallest possible one lens pocketable set-up. Otherwise it's fitted to that body too.

Obviously the manual winders have a justified following, but for me, having the film automatically wound is a big advantage and is less disruptive to my concentration than the Rapidwinder was.

Rolo :)

I have a M3 that takes one. It is a Canadian M3 that at some point in its life had the drive coupling added.

l9992089_504039.jpg

I used this combo on Tuesday to shoot some pictures at a concert.

Robert

Hey Robert, nice looking machine. I wish I could try one out on my MP, I use a motor but I'm not a fan of batteries.