'Vicky, Cristina and Barcelona' - and Leica!

leica007

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In Woody Allen's latest film "Vicky, Cristina and Barcelona", Scarlett Johansson is a photo enthusiast. She uses - what seemed to me - a Panasonic G1. Penelope Cruz (a painter) tells her to leave digital and to use film. She gives her some basic lessons in aesthetics and also builds a dark room for her.

Cruz is seen using - again, what seemed to me - a silver Leica M7, with a 35mm summilux. Later Scarlett takes it up. She learns to take better photos, becomes confident.

But finally, the dark room is there for sex (no explicit scenes though, arrrrghh) - first, Cruz+Scarlett and then with the hero - three together! so much for Leica :(

PS: interesting but finally a dull film.

We no longer have cause for pointing fingers at those who collect and don't use their Leicas. The new low for Leica fondling are those who hold their Leicas while watching this film. If you have the urge, please wait until the DVD and watch it with your Leica at home.

(shudders at the thought)

Not to be pedantic, but the title of the film is "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" -- there are neither commas nor conjunctions. I thought the film was rubbish, as has been nearly all of Woody's offerings since the early 90's (why do I keep on giving him chances?).

If female and Leica eyecandy are your thing (whoever "you" are), I'd recommend "Closer". Much better film even if the women aren't quite as tasty. As an added bonus, getting to hear Clive Owen call Julia Roberts a "f*cking slag" is worth the price of admission/rental all on it's own.

Regards,

Jeff.

Guest suilvenman
Not to be pedantic, but the title of the film is "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" -- there are neither commas nor conjunctions. I thought the film was rubbish, as has been nearly all of Woody's offerings since the early 90's (why do I keep on giving him chances?).

If female and Leica eyecandy are your thing (whoever "you" are), I'd recommend "Closer". Much better film even if the women aren't quite as tasty. As an added bonus, getting to hear Clive Owen call Julia Roberts a "f*cking slag" is worth the price of admission/rental all on it's own.

Regards,

Jeff.

Not to be pedantic either, but in the closing sentence "it's" should not have an apostrophe.

"It's" is an abbreviation for "It is".

Cheers, Ken.