36th St photographer

chocy0924

Wow, is that a camera or a space gun? Very good portrait even if a little bit more contrast would add in my opinion.

I too like this portrait and I share the piece of advice about the contrast. The picture is certainly worth it...:)

All the best

Marie-Louise

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wow, is that a camera or a space gun? Very good portrait even if a little bit more contrast would add in my opinion.

Looks like a fairly late (1950s) Speed Graphic with a more modern lens (180mm?) and Polaroid back. The space gun is a Mecablitz 45 or 60.

I think I disagree about the contrast, because increasing the contrast more than a very little would mean losing the shadow detail in the subject's left sleeve and under his hat. Also, I like the way the picture as it stands is reminiscent of the sharpness and subtle gradation that a 5x4 camera gives you.

Chang Yeon Cho-

Lovely, and I agree with everything except the suggested added contrast for the reason John states.

If you're in NYC please contact Ben above (roguewave) to give him your email address so that he can include you on future messages about meeting up with NYC Forum members.

Thanks everyone. the result I got is exactly what John Stated. It wanted to add a bit more contrast but then there needs to be a bit of sacrifice in therms of either the shadow detail or highlight detail. But just to appease everyone I tried a little more contrast.

3189695808_658e159fbe_o.jpg

Sturt, I have contacted Ben already I think??

Thanks everyone. the result I got is exactly what John Stated. It wanted to add a bit more contrast but then there needs to be a bit of sacrifice in therms of either the shadow detail or highlight detail. But just to appease everyone I tried a little more contrast.

3189695808_658e159fbe_o.jpg

Sturt, I have contacted Ben already I think??

Chang, that is not really the case. You CAN have both. If you really want to know how, send me a PM & I'll give you the low down. Louis would be proud to have a copy of this.