Pimp my M8.2

JeffreyTotaro

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My m8 is silver, but so what - half my lenses are black, and half are silver. Do I need to buy a second body (black M8.2)? come on, give me an excuse :)

While i find pleasant on the silver one both kind of lenses, black and silver, on the black M8 i do not like at all silver lenses. It looks like one of those ugly bi-colour pistols in B-movies

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BMW and Merc owners who go for the 'debadged' option usually do so to hide the fact that they only have one of the base models.

I think your statement is highly subjective and not based on facts. Many people think that there is no reason to demonstrate their richness to others and that it is a private matter which type they have chosen. Some others also find it more fun to see the others get amazed when they race away from them.

As many forum members will know I have a silver M8 with a silver elmarit 24mm 2.8 with a pink calf skin cover from camera leather.

I love everything that happens when I use it !

I am a professional shooter and it is one of the cameras I use on assignments.

I do not understand this stealth thing at all.

Sorry but.....

Aston Martin was sold by Ford last year.

Aston Martin - The Company - News

Let's hope these guys have Kaufmann levels of cash :)

As they are currently trying to flog off part of the company, I would guess the money is running out. The other fun thing about an Aston is that you tend to become a close personal friend of your local breakdown guy. Just the car for someone who is missing their TVR.

On the "stealthed" M8, I am afraid I cannot see the point but each to their own. Some like gold plate and pink lizard skin, some like stealth.

Wilson

WHY?????

It's a f***ing tool. Not a status symbol or toy.

Don't mean to offend anybody. I just don't get this pimp thing. It doesn't make for better pictures, does it?

I'm very picky when it comes to creating the best results but I couldn't care less about the fact that a few of my black lenses have silver filter's on them.

PS: on the other hand, if a pink cover would help me to get a certain reaction I'm looking for easier from my photographic subjects, I'm all for it. Congrats to the gentleman here who's doing this. Cool idea to get the desired results.

Thanks for all the replies! I knew this would start an interesting discussion. What it shows is that people are passionate about their cameras and Leica in general. Obviously holding any camera to your eye is going to draw some attention. That was not my intention in doing this little modification. It's simply an aesthetic move. I've always liked the look of the MP camera but doubt I'll ever own one since I haven't shot film in 4 years.

Clearly aesthetic is important to those here or we wouldn't see the strong language in opposition to it.

Next I think I'll just leave the camera in a dark room so I can't see it all!

Cheers!

Kinda like black socks & sandals...

You would blend right in on the Portuguese coast :cool:

To be frank I don't know and really don't care what you think but let me tell you one thing.

I'm a photographer, art director and designer by profession. In my so called creative field you'll find a lot of people who do look the part. They have written "I'm creative" all over them, from head to toe.

When it comes to Award Shows, though, where the best of the best get awarded for doing outstanding work in their field, you won't find those 'industry peacocks.' You find guys like me in jeans and T-shirts or black socks & sandals for that matter.

I prefer to spend my energy on doing creative work and not looking creative.

I tape over the logos with thin black cloth photo tape (the 3M kind that comes in 1/2 or 3/4"). Not for "stealth" reasons (might as well use a 400mm lens from a rooftop if you truly want to be stealthy). I just feel that it's one less thing for the subject to be distracted by (esp the giant NIKON on my D3).

As far as actually painting it .....well Leicas are suppose to be an investment for life, aren't they? But the way this crowd turns over cameras I'm not so sure. :D

LOL... high points for entertaining thread.

Im with the guys voting for chrome and red dot. have a old chrome M6 and now a chrome M8.

California as opposed to some places in Europe is not much for peeling badges off cars, and most unmarked cars I have seen here, was indeed the base models. (the thinking must be; if I peel off the E for Economy the car looks almost like a S for Standard or something like that) Having grown up in Denmark, I tend to think the country displays often extreme fashions of reactions to something called the Law of Jante. Interestingly fancy cars have gotten in fashion lately and I have seen a lot of them on resent visits, all with badges.

BTW.. this guy in Los Angeles yesterday, did NOT know what camera I was shooting with, and almost fell over when he realized it was digital.

p394836725-2.jpg

That said, Im all for people dressing the way that makes them feel best, as long as I don't have to wear my jeans halfway down.

I think the next project for someone is to paint the camera and get some cameraleather in "flesh" color, whatever matches the owner. Actually, a 1:1 vinyl graphic of the right side of the shooter's face would work best. That way it will look as if you're only holding a lens up to your face! Volunteers?