Pimp my M8.2

JeffreyTotaro

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes i think too that blue would look good - also perhaps the verdigris green.

Jaap - interesting thought a pink strap - I'll run it by Luigi and keep you posted. As for a mint green dot how about a pink one - that would be so cool ! But where would I get one from ?

Has anybody thought of a luminous dot that glows in the dark - where would you get one made?

Rollo oops......!

Guy

Guy, I have a Verdigris one, It is very nice, but quite subdued compared to the pink. Pink dot: there are plenty of folks that have painted their dots black, so why not pink? Or luminiferous paint, for that matter.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

"...I've never understood this 'stealth' obsession. Any idiot can see that this is a Leica, regardless of colour or presence of a red dot....", as per PhotoWebb.co.uk

My sentiments exactly! The ultimate stealth camera is a box Brownie. I have Leicas and I don't care who knows it. I just returned from South America and Antarctica. I prowled the streets of Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires; allegedly notoriously unsafe and crowded with the light fingered types according to all I have read.

I had not one, but two Leica's around my neck and shoulders with logos there for all to see. One model, the M4P, is even chrome.

In addition I had pockets bulging with two other lenses, a meter and a filter or two. I never felt unsafe and took pictures to my heart's content.

I think the stealth factor is highly overblown.

"...I've never understood this 'stealth' obsession. Any idiot can see that this is a Leica, regardless of colour or presence of a red dot....", as per PhotoWebb.co.uk

My sentiments exactly!

I think the stealth factor is highly overblown.

I agree but the designer part of me objects to the big white M8. As I've said before, it's tacky. Do it in traditional script on the top plate.

Tom

Maybe that pic of the Queen ought to be in the 'winter gloves' postings!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

No Leica user will ever be inconspicuous...

_42309856_queen203.jpg

Amen.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

amazing how many opinions about this subject.

i continue to like the black on black,

pink brings a genuine smile to my face;

i've done my share of taping but sometime last year removed it from my film body m7.

love my chrome mp au natural, and thought that when i finally would get an m8 it too would be in chrome...until that is, i saw the m8.2 in black.

• 1 year later...

Nothing wrong about what you did - you like it this way.

I tape all my cameras and lenses, where applicable. I have never been spoken to by strangers since I do so. The only people, who seem to ask me about gear are folks near or in camera shops. I just nod them off, saying, it is just a very old Japanese camera (my D3, hidden under 3M tape) or an old film camera (film M) or a crappy old point and shoot with tiny monochrome display (R-D1 shooting RAW + JPG, set to monochrome and taped all up).

People don't nail me down on long tech talks, while shooting - I like that.

I do think about conserving the resale value of my gear, if not interfering with my intended use and would not consciously damage a camera irreversible.

the white 'm8' would have come out anyway at some point..it's easier to paint it back in later on with a fine tipped brush, two or three applications of model-maker's cellulose white gloss paint and some turpentine. you can clean up around the edges using q-tips. worked for me but when my m8 came off after normal use and i wanted to retouch