PA-Curtagon 35/4

lct

If you have an R model, take care that the lens is equipped with the R cam. Even if this is a manual aperture lens, this needs to be in place to ensure proper metering. I cannot recall from which serial number this was added, but other forum members may know.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you have an R model, take care that the lens is equipped with the R cam. Even if this is a manual aperture lens, this needs to be in place to ensure proper metering. I cannot recall from which serial number this was added, but other forum members may know.

Alhough if it's anything like the later PC Super Angulon, the third R cam will simply be the vestigial "static cam" variant, which looks completely different from the usual moving R cam.

Would you say that one or two cams are missing here?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Would you say that one or two cams are missing here?

Lct

It looks exactly like the cams on my PC Super Angulon. The small thing that looks a bit like an angle bracket is the vestigial static third ® cam. The black circumferential cam (to its right on one of your pictures) is the static second cam for the SL and SL2. I presume therefore that the lens can be used in the same way as my PC Super Angulon, which, according to the instruction manual, can be used with SL, SL2 and R cameras (though not the very first original Leicaflex).

Hope this helps!

Here are two taken with the original Schneider 35 PA on my Canon 40D (1.6x factor)

The supermarket shot was full vertical shift, no PP.

The lens is restricted to 7mm shift (in any direction) and I didn't see any vignetting on my R8 slides.

John

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Alhough if it's anything like the later PC Super Angulon, the third R cam will simply be the vestigial "static cam" variant, which looks completely different from the usual moving R cam.

Yes, this is correct. It is the same principle with the older manual Telyt lenses.

However, it comes to mind that I at one time exchanged some e-mails with Leica Information Service about this. I was told that the actual person at Leica did not bother to have the R cam installed as the resulting under exposure was at least consistent, and he just corrected it with the ISO setting. I am sure there are other users who have more experience with this than I have.

I believe I can see the R cam just above the screw in the second photo to the right, so this should be one of the later models.

Hi Ivar.

The copies i'm after have serial numbers between 3,000,000 and 3,200,000.

Are these later models?