Those Amazing Jellies & The D-Lux 4

Tenor1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is to show the excellent picture quality from the DL4, ISO 800. My previous attempts to create good solid images of them was most disappointing with too much noise being the primary issue followed by a poor color rendition.

The combination of the Kelvin adjustment plus the high ISO gave me exciting results. I'm sorry don't know how to post multiple pictures to these thread.

Regards,

Carlos Marques

Carlos:

Thanks for the information. The captured image above was very well done indeed with amazing quality for such a small camera. Glad to see the DLux 4 performing so well at high ISO. I'll have to try some high ISO shots with the DLux 4.......

Thanks,

John

Carlos

Thanks for sharing the picture and your technique. Like you, my initial results with the camera about iso400 were disappointing. I think the only criticism of the camera is that the standard settings are no use for serious photography but then the great strength of the camera, I am learning like you, is that the manual facilities then turn it into a great little camera.

LouisB

Nice image :)

I agree with Louis......the power of this camera is the ability to control the settings manually; if this were just a standard preset camera its only differentiator would be the little red blob. However, as with all photography, it is the "photographic eye" that captures the image and the ability to "manage" the image at time of capture and PP that counts as well, which is something the jellyfish shows clearly has been well done.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it means a lot to me. My usual viewers are fellow aquarists who are mainly concerned with the subject of the picture much more than the picture itself. I appreciate both sets of audience.

Regards,

Carlos Marques