What's Really Important?

wilfredo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

.....I guess God must love me to :-) For me photogrpahy and spirituality are linked, entangled.....

Cheers,

Wilfredo+

Benitez-Rivera Photography

It is comforting to know another thinks this way. Photography is one way for me to show my love of what is there.

Sincerely,

thomasw

M5 50mm

Gee mate he is dead, and how long ago did he say that?

Don't tell history as it keeps on making up new stuff for him, leica freaks add new novelty sayings as well, like...... 'ers da best pitcha maker ..... Fred the punter reckons he is lousy and a cheapskate as he doesn't do stuff in lotsa cullars

ha ha imants... your and robs languege is really cool. exhotic english to me :-))) u have to understand it... english is not my mom's languege. anyway, it reminds me how cool it is to hear scotishs or north englishs :-)))))))

wilfredo and others too of course..

i really love egleston... i mean realy realy love this photographer, and i enjoyed the interview too very much of course...

he was making only one picture - well cool.. i also make many times only one picture... but is it a riligious approach of making one picture??? the mentioned irving penn was taking sometimes 12 frames of exactly the same thing on his hassy... is there something wrong about it???

find your flexibility... study frrom great people like the same egleston or penn or who-ever and try to find your path in photography... u will see, it will come.. maybe u will not be as important as penn was or egleston, but it will be your path and u will love it and maybe u will be highly apriciated for it.

i make photos the way i feel... sometimes i make only one photo.. sometimes i repeat and repeat... sometimes i repeat cause im trying to find one good photo within it, sometimes i repeat cause i want to examine the minute change in the subject i photograph... sometimes i just react to what i see, and sometimes i have something im my imagination and i try to implimant it.. sometimes i have to do a job and i analyze it with various aspects, photographic related, art related aspects, marketing related etc etc...

about lartigue... dont u see in the photos the tendencies... isnt lartigue of clear mind about what he is looking for. not that it makes his photos less spontanious... but he is fully aware of where he goes and what he was doing... look at many of his studies (in big books where there are alot of his photos)... u can clearly see how he not just photographs but actually studies - studies the "motion", the "perspectives" and many many other things... the particular book i have linked is a very good example with alot of his photos )some well know some less known) and u can clearly see that he is not just making spontanious photos... he is also a great researcher.

this is really amazing.. the legacy of some ideal documentary/journalism and alike genere.... people repeat this "spontaniously" all the time... this inculdes many leice camera owners of course.... sorry guys.. serious and good photography is serious work.. alot of work... the ideal of "spontanious" is just an ideal... sometimes it happens that u acheive it, sometimes it happens many time - true... but even then.. te photographer has a very good and stable ground in terms of his photographic abilities. and that ground was studied... seriously studied, with some theories sometimes, and most importantly with alot of practice and examination... "vision" comes and goes... then u follow it... eplore your virgin "grand vision" or "minute visions" if u had one..

cartier-bresson... sorry, but doesnt he had particular methods to take photos???? was it spontanious always... wasnt he recognized many times that may be in a few seconds or minutes a nice frame will appear here and he was taking the position and waiting and hunting it???? is it idealy spontanious???

u want a true "ideal spontanious"... take the canon super fast camera "gun machine", point and shoot... this is spontanious... leica is more about your ability to be able to predict what is gonna happen.. how things will gonna be integrated in a second or two or may be even in a minute or two.. it is not that the leica photographer cannot make ideal spontanious photos... of course it is possible.. but it is more about your ability to react to what happens and to predict the forthcoming integration within the frame....

Victor -- you appear to interpret the word 'spontaneous' in a particular way, as instantaneous, or automatic, perhaps; unthinking, unconsidered. And I suppose it is often used that way. But it means more than that; and actually I think that use of the word is incorrect. The dictionary says 'arising, proceding, or acting entirely from natural impulse; without any external stimulus or constraint; voluntary.' And that's the sense in which I would describe Lartigue's photography as spontaneous. John