Buying M8 in uk to receive the cashbak

faffo99

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ok, you buy your camera from an authorised UK dealer. It arrives at your home. Inside the box should be the standard leica warranty card and a Leica UK passport application. You fill out the application and send it with a copy of your receipt to Leica UK, they will in turn send you the Passport warranty card and your receipt back.

In the event of you damaging your camera accidently by some means, phone Leica UK, explain the situation and they will advise you on where you should send the camera.

If you have a normal Leica warranty issue, phone or email Leica Solms, you will be asked to send your camera directly to solms for repair, in this case you enclose the standard Leica warranty card and a copy of your sales receipt.

You could of course send everything via your dealer, but IMO this leads to unnecessary delays.

great answer!!

full and helpful thanks...!!

tomorrow i'm making the order thank you guys!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you buy from the UK you are also covered by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 amongst others.

This legislation is designed to protect buyers against unreasonable conditions imposed by sellers and makes certain requirements of them. It covers you in addition to any warranty offerred. In the UK, the seller, not the manufacturer is responsible for the quality of the items they sell.

For example, good must be of satisfactory quality. If your new M8 failed after 25 months, you could still try and claim under this legislation against the seller as Leica M8s can reasonably be expected to last more than 2 years and one month.

Regards

Simon

Hi Raffaele,

by chance reading this thread you started made me do something I did not plan on doing. Indeed with the low GBP and the cash-back the M8 became "unavoidable" so I also got one from Caplan. Ordered the 22nd delivered the 26th in France. Picked up a "cheap" s/hand UK elmarit 24mm ASPH on the way. The M8 joins my M6TTL and Nikon Dn's. Happy camper.

Cheers, Fons.

Hi Raffaelle,

Like I said, I ordered the 22nd evening and they told me they that they would ship the next morning. I decided not to get the elmarit 28, but they told me they would be open till 24 noon in case I would change my mind and that they would indeed open again only the 2nd. I got the M8 on the 26th already :) Crazy amount of orders were placed from the Continent the last few days, I was told.

Cheers, Fons.

Hi Raffaelle,

Like I said, I ordered the 22nd evening and they told me they that they would ship the next morning. I decided not to get the elmarit 28, but they told me they would be open till 24 noon in case I would change my mind and that they would indeed open again only the 2nd. I got the M8 on the 26th already :) Crazy amount of orders were placed from the Continent the last few days, I was told.

Cheers, Fons.

So it sounds like if someone wanted to beat the big price increases expected on January 1, and order through Robert White in the UK, it's too late?

Indeed, Caplan was cheapest, 2790 (like Red Dot Camera) but they did directly subtract the GBP650 cash-back so you only pay 2140. The others make you wait for the check to arrive from Leica. Try ordering via the web from Caplan, might still work for the advertised prices. An alternative is harrisoncameras.co.uk but the are 110 more expensive but there the shipping in the EU is free (while 30 for the others).

Yes, I've been shooting with it the last few days. Indeed sweet to be digital and silent again. :)

Cheers, Fons.