Buying M8 in uk to receive the cashbak

faffo99

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys,

i had the great idea to purchase a new M8 in uk from famous uk leica dealers websites...to receive the 650 £ cashback and the 15% cahscback for lens ....also beacuse Euro is very strong versus Pound right now...

i was wondering actually 2 things and maybe you guys can help me out...

1) is the cashback also valid for me in Italy and my Italian bank account?

2) If so, how about the warranty? will it be valid in Italy too?

thank you so much for clearing my doubts..

cheers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you guys for the quick answers...!!

so no cashback for me?

i already contacted robertwhite and other dealers...let's see what they say... anyone did what i want to do?

also very important....the warranty? i believe warranty is valid for the place you have receipt from..is that correct?

thanks again

Advertisement (gone after registration)

all riight... i just receive an email from Richard Caplan which says:

Hi,

Thankyou for your enquiry,

We will be able to deduct the rebates for you here so you would not have to claim them back yourself.

Cost estimate;

Leica M8 body £2790.00 inc vat

Less £650.00 cashback

= £2140.00

Leica 28MM/2.8 asph £1140.00

Less 15% cashback

= £991.30

So you would pay

£2140.00 +

£991.30 =

£3131.30 plus postage (£40.00 DHL)

Hope this answers your questions

Best regards.

it seems great for me but what stops me from buying it now is this warranty matter...anyone can help?

but what if it breaks?

i'm pretty sure warranty only works if you send it to the country you purchased it from.

it is a way to encourage people not to do what actually i'm trying to do

I see no issue there. I would send it to a Leica repair center directly, rather then through the dealer. I just sent my old M8 to Leica NJ for repair and didn't bother going through the official dealer I bought it from.

i'm not talking about dealer, i'm talking about sending it to the relative center of the country you bought it....

You mean if i send it directly to Solms they would fix it for free? from everywhere in europe?

i know every leica goes back to solms when sent for repair, but the difference here is if the warranty is valid or not...which means you pay or not.

also for value...if i resell it in 2009... it will loose a lot of value if not in warranty...i will be limited to sell it for a good price only in uk where the warranty will still be valid.

also for some little things ...like IR filters.

if i register it ,will i receive the free iR filters? if so from where? italy or germany?

uhm........

Hi Raffaele,

Try contacting Photo Design Studio - they have had a some ex-display M8 cameras at a very good prices. I have received excellent service from them on a number of Leica purchases this year including an M8 purchased this month (next day deliveries in all cases).

Guarantee? - we are all in the EC.

Best regards.

i'm not talking about dealer, i'm talking about sending it to the relative center of the country you bought it....

You mean if i send it directly to Solms they would fix it for free? from everywhere in europe?

i know every leica goes back to solms when sent for repair, but the difference here is if the warranty is valid or not...which means you pay or not.

also for value...if i resell it in 2009... it will loose a lot of value if not in warranty...i will be limited to sell it for a good price only in uk where the warranty will still be valid.

also for some little things ...like IR filters.

if i register it ,will i receive the free iR filters? if so from where? italy or germany?

uhm........

Yes - all service is handled through Solms, if so desired by the client. And the filters will be sent to you from Japan.....The guarantee is worldwide, irrespective of country. The only thing you'll miss out on is the passport warrantee, but then, most Europeans do so anyway...

jwhat's passport warranty? why do europeans miss it out?

For the duration of the warranty Leica will repair/replace the camera whatever the cause or nature of the damage. The only condition is that you can send them the part of the camera containing the serial number.

There is passport warranty in the UK.

The passport warranty (which is like a guarantee + insurance) is available in the UK only, all other countries have a two-year "normal" guarantee. Whether the passport applies to exported cameras I do not know, but I have a feeling it will not.