Torside, Low Water

jmr

Your pictures of Tintwistle and the area around it make it all look like a paradise! Very different from the place I remember our family driving through in the 1960s on the way from Wakefield to visit relatives in Cheshire. I remember a very industrial landscape. As we often went around Christmas time, the weather and the state of the roads over the Woodhead Pass were always a major factor.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Pete, Torside is the second from the top in the Longdendale Chain and it's empty because they're doing some work around the dam. The whole chain, built in the 1840s, is Woodhead, Torside, Rhodeswood, Valehouse and Bottoms (my house overlooks Bottoms dam).

John, Tintwistle is a lovely place to live and take photographs - I count myself lucky. It's very picturesque at this time of year as the leaves are slowly turning. It's great in winter too when it snows - unless of course, you have to brave the Woodhead Pass!

Thanks again.