Well, she is nude . . .

mark_goode

Thanks Stuart, Andy, Ruben, and Ben. Re the cold shoulder Andy: touche!

Yes Ben, Jesse has taken up film photography (funny how that distinction actually matters). He's using my old Nikon FE and lenses. I taught him how to develop film and he's hanging out with his older brother Justin (who has turned pro) and learning the ropes. I know that I'm biased, but he's quite good given his limited experience. Here's a link to some images from his first two rolls of B&W film that he shot while visiting us over Thanksgiving: pittstreetpartners : photos : Jesse's Pics of DC- powered by SmugMug

Mark,

I rather think he's looking at how to do that, laying ther with that air of "who me?" :D

Took a look at his first rolls: nice start and good to see some more of Washington. The couple walking away must be you & wife, no? Btw: nice camera and nice lens, nothing wrong with that.

Marco

Excellent shot, Mark!

Jesse's work is good, and he can only improve. I particularly like "Lincoln", Van Gogh", and the Shuttle images.

Thank you Brian. Jesse keeps working on his craft. Since he uses film and he is a young man on a budget, he is very thoughtful about releasing the shutter ;-) His deliberate approach to image capture helps him learn how all of the variables interact (including the temperature of the chemicals!)

Mark,

I rather think he's looking at how to do that, laying ther with that air of "who me?" :D

Took a look at his first rolls: nice start and good to see some more of Washington. The couple walking away must be you & wife, no? Btw: nice camera and nice lens, nothing wrong with that.

Marco

Marco - I think you have read his thoughts correctly ;-) Re his images: yes, the couple walking away is Pam and I . . . he "saw" that image in advance and set it up. I agree, the Nikon FE is a good place to start.