Hasselblad X-pan

phovsho

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've played with the Xpan, but found the effort not worth what gets extracted by 35mm film.

I have my eyes on the Pro Noblex which costs almost half what the X-pans are going for . The images are amazing and all that real estate on the double frame of 120 film make this a worthy exercise. Since I 'd use it only on a tripod it would be a completely difference experience and a more thoughtful endeavor.

Just a rough scan from print image using a Brother flatbed scanner, while awaiting the delivery of a Nikon Super Coolscan LS-9000 :-)

Lake of Bled in Slovenia on a winter day.

Pacal, I am interested to know how you intend using the LS 9000 to scan the Xpan films. Is there a dedicated film holder for it or do you intend some sort of workaround.

I have and X-Pan and it goes along my other gear on most of my trips. I have just the 45mm lens find it challenges me to see different with the pano format. I use it often for street as well as panoramics.

Here is a shot from Ben's territory and a 100% crop for detail, you might notice the smoke coming of off the young ladies cigarette.

Kodak 400 TMY, scanned with Epson V750 and Epson software.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks Pascal. It seems the only real solution is the FH-869G glass holder which I believe is both rare and expensive. I do have the FH-869M which takes glass mounted slides for both 6x6 & 6x9. I might try mounting an XPan neg in a 6x9 glass mount if I can get some of them from my supplier. OTOH, maybe the film carrier glass from my enlarger may dummy in at that size! Will try.

I've played with the Xpan, but found the effort not worth what gets extracted by 35mm film.

I have my eyes on the Pro Noblex which costs almost half what the X-pans are going for . The images are amazing and all that real estate on the double frame of 120 film make this a worthy exercise. Since I 'd use it only on a tripod it would be a completely difference experience and a more thoughtful endeavor.

I have the Noblex pro 150 with panolux. Love it. Only its too big to carry around in the streets. So I guess xpan makes sense. It's a trade-off. Recently I loaded fast black and white film and used it hand held. Lots of fun...

Point and shoot flavor flav style....haha

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ben you might also want to take a look at a Gaoersi or a Fotoman 617, one of those with an older MF lens is also a good solution.

Gaoersi 617 [server is a bit slow]

Fotoman 617

I use both a Nikon SCS5000ED and 9000ED with the glass holder.

You can make a scan in two passes on the 5000ED, but it's a pain.

The 9000ED with the glass carrier works like a charm. The carrier even comes with a variety of masks, including one for the xpan. But yes, the glass holder is expensive. I got mine a few years ago, when they were still reasonably priced. Sort of.