Viva Luigi!!! My D-LUX 4 case!

RIDE

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So my Luigi case is here....and boy was it worth it! First of all....Luigi is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Not only that, he produced my case in amazing time...and it arrived to my door her in the U.S. in less than 2 weeks from the time I ordered it.

For those of you who think that a case like this is overpriced...you could not be more wrong. The craftsmanship involved in this case has to be seen to be believed. And the smell...oooohhh my! :-)

FWIW, one of my other hobbies is watches...and there are some aftermarket watch strap makers who charge MORE for a watch strap, than Luigi charges for this case. Considering that there is probably 10 times the amount of leather and 10 times the amount of work in a Luigi...I'd say that the Luigi case is a steal!

Back to the case...I will let the pictures speak for themselves. I chose the Rally leather and asked Luigi to use black stitching and to do the edge coat in black as well. I love the accent of black with the darker, more rustic looking Rally leather. I could not be more happy with my choice.

I am also glad to have added the accessory pouch that Luigi did to match. It holds an extra batter and SD card perfectly! And thanks to Luigi for talking me into the neck strap. This thing is amazingly soft and looks great. And the manner in which Luigi made it removable is pure genius! Not to mention that the accessory pouch fits on to it perfectly.

All in all...you can't do better than this IMHO. Enjoy the pics!

RIDE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L1010432.jpg

L1010438.jpg

L1010457.jpg

L1010458.jpg

Or, instead of spending $325.00 for this pretty leather you could scratch the heck out of your compact digital camera made in Japan and throw it away in six months or a year when it becomes obsolete.

I'm sort of kidding.

I still have part of a beautiful Leicatime case (forest green) that I bought for a Digilux 2.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, your new case is beautiful and I am very tempted to get one too.

Or, instead of spending $325.00 for this pretty leather you could scratch the heck out of your compact digital camera made in Japan and throw it away in six months or a year when it becomes obsolete.

I'm sort of kidding.

I still have part of a beautiful Leicatime case (forest green) that I bought for a Digilux 2.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, your new case is beautiful and I am very tempted to get one too.

??? Anyway...I think there is a backwards compliment in there somewhere.

As for the color...as stated in my original post...it is the Rally leather with black stitch and black edge coat.

And yes...the camera is very comfortable to use now and I love the Luigi built in grip! As I have stated before...back out the $100 for the added Leica OEM grip that you won't need to buy, and the Luigi case goes from $260 to $160 effectively. A real bargain IMHO.

RIDE

Beautiful case, and I am a Luigi fan, but PLEASEread the rules about posting images here. We don't all access on hyperfast broadband!!!

Regards,

Bill

SORRY! I did scan for rules about picture posting...and did not find anything that spoke to limiting the amount of pics I posted (at least it wasn't obvious). I figured that most folks who frequent a digital photo forum and use cameras like ours likely were not using dial up connections ;)

Regardless...I won't do it again.

Cheers,

RIDE

I forgot to say earlier that your pictures look fantastic and now I see you're in hot soup because of them, lol. Is there an eveready-style case to cover the lens?

Regards,

Carlos Marques

Carlos,

Thanks...and yes, I apparently went a bit overboard with the photos :)

As for the eveready style case...I believe Luigi can make it. Just check out his site: Cases for Leica Digital.htm

Oh and I forgot to ask...what kind of watches do you collect?

RIDE

Even though I like his cases on the M cameras, this one doesn't really appeal to me. Don't know why, exactly. Maybe the case / camera ratio is off a bit ... :rolleyes:

I think that due to the lack of space betweent the top of the LCD screen (which MUST be protected) and the top of the camera, there is no way to reduce how much of the camera is covered by the case. This creates a different look than what you may be used to with the M case where the camera rises a bit above the top of the case.

Either way...it's really the only solution for the much smaller D-Lux. It's also why I opted to not get the full case...IMHO, that would really look 'off'.

RIDE