D-Lux 4 and Warm mode

jojo712

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Folks,

I just got my D-Lux 4 and remarkably I miss the ability to set the warm filter on the camera. Thusfar, the closets thing I have found is setting it on "dynamic" and then setting the white balance on "cloudy" to compensate a little bit and add a little golden sunlight to my pictures.

I need your help. Is there a hidden "warm" mode that I don't know about, or is there a secret way that I can set my C1 mode to compensate for what would have been a warm picture but now feels like a Coolpix (not knocking, just saying). If you can offer some advice regarding how to best get my C1 program in my D-Lux 4 to shoot in "warm" mode, I would appreciate it immensely. Feel free to email me at macjojo@mac.com.

Thank you so much,

Jesus

Interesting question.

You could use the filter adapter and add a warming filter (as we used to have to do before this digital monster ;) ).

Or maybe add the warmth in post-processing?

Someone else probably has a better answer. I haven't had the camera long enough to play with it that much.

I just got my D-Lux 4 and remarkably I miss the ability to set the warm filter on the camera. Thusfar, the closets thing I have found is setting it on "dynamic" and then setting the white balance on "cloudy" to compensate a little bit and add a little golden sunlight to my pictures.

I need your help. Is there a hidden "warm" mode that I don't know about ...

I do no have that camera but from reports and tests (hope the menus and options are more or less those of the Pany version) it looks to have quite a bit of control on the white balance: five presets, a manual WB and a fine-tuning option on two colour axes.

Guess a bit of playing with these can help you get the result you like, and then you could save it in a custom setting for later recall.

On the other hand, if you feel to shoot raw, in any raw developer you can alter the WB to any extent you like.

Hope this helps.