Krakow One Challenge - vote here

andybarton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Fair compromise. I must admit I'm irritated a little by single voters, my guess (and its only a guess) is that they may be friends of one of the photographers voting for just their photo only, which is completely against the spirit of the competition, as they would not be voting on merit of the images.

Have to agree with James. I'm not involved in the competition, but it's pretty clear that voting on one image only will have a strong influence on the final outcome. I suggest that spoiled ballots be removed in the interests of fairness to the competitors. It seems at the moment that everyone is focused on being fair to the voters, which I think is missing the point.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to agree with James. I'm not involved in the competition, but it's pretty clear that voting on one image only will have a strong influence on the final outcome. I suggest that spoiled ballots be removed in the interests of fairness to the competitors. It seems at the moment that everyone is focused on being fair to the voters, which I think is missing the point.

Just to be clear, since I set all this up in the first place, more than five years ago now.

My original intent was simply that there should be a "winner takes all" competition in which the honour of the win was, frankly, of greater value than the cash prize - something evidenced by the fact that in some previous years the winner has donated the cash prize to charity.

The voting - 3 points, 2 points, 1 point - was set up in that way so that a consistently strong image - one that didn't always score top points, but which regularly got placed in the top 3 - could still come out on top. This is messed up by single votes. I don't necessarily subscribe to the conspiracy theories, but it can't be that hard to vote "correctly" and hence not skew the results.

I hope that is clear. Please can we now get on with the voting - I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I absolutely have to, to make the point.

Regards,

Bill

1st - 11

2nd - 7

3rd - 6

Despite expecting it, I am always surprised by the huge variety of subjects chosen by contestants. All of which makes comparing for 'places' very difficult. It would be interesting to see the outcome if the subject were defined and how contestants would treat the same subject!

Despite expecting it, I am always surprised by the huge variety of subjects chosen by contestants. All of which makes comparing for 'places' very difficult. It would be interesting to see the outcome if the subject were defined and how contestants would treat the same subject!

isn't 'seeing what the others found' the most interesting part of the game?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...