Hot Air and Broken Promises - 2

marknorton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica will doubtless be relieved - and Bill delighted - to see the original thread has been closed, only to fade from view as it moves down the thread list.

Those of you who feel as I do - that Leica made a commitment on which they failed to deliver - might care to write to Stefan Daniel to register your concern. I don't expect for one minute it will change their minds and we should all be wary of the next epsiode of Leica promotional nonsense which will likely be more Hot Air leading to more Broken Promises.

And though you might see me at petulant, I will not be spending an additional €20000 with Leica as a result of what I see as their short-sightedness.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not be spending an additional €20000 with Leica

Neither will I.

I've also decided that I won't be buying a new BMW, Rolex, or quarterpounder with cheese. I will however be buying a cooked breakfast from the canteen in 30 minutes, and probably a sandwich at lunchtime. I haven't yet decided what to eat this evening, but I'll let you all know when I decide.

But that is not Mark's point. The discussion is whether Leica has made a commitment they do not keep or not.

Imho, given that some of my shirts still have stains despite using Omo, my Prodent-using patients still have cavities and that I, despite liberal applications of Axe deodorant, still haven't got hordes of stunning females crawling all over me, this whole issue is vastly overblown.

I might add that the above products did not have disclaimers coming with their marketing, whilst Leica very clearly had. I think that the phrase "caveat emptor" needs to be expanded in this day and age to "caveat emptor et lector"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Jaap, this was discussed at some length in another thread - I have no idea why it was shut down, I'm not generally in favour of threads being closed. Reading some of the last messages it was getting a bit personal, maybe that was the reason.

Some people feel cheated by Leica, others see it as a legitimate marketing decision that's Leica's to make. I think that summarises the previous 374 posts in that thread.

This is beginning to take on the characteristics of a crusade.

Oh well, if you believe it will make a difference I guess y'all might as well flog the issue to death. My approach is: If Leica pisses me off, I will simply go somewhere else. Who needs the aggravation?

But to be perfectly honest, so far the expression "tempest in a teacup" springs to mind.

So stop moaning and instruct a solicitor.

Use the money you are saving by not buying more Leica equipment to fund your action. If you are right you will win, and get your money back, and more.

You will also never have to worry about spending another penny unwisely on Leica equipment because they will have ceased to exist.

This is really getting obsessive. I wonder if it is possible to stalk a company...?

Regards,

Bill

Leica will doubtless be relieved - and Bill delighted - to see the original thread has been closed, only to fade from view as it moves down the thread list.

Those of you who feel as I do - that Leica made a commitment on which they failed to deliver - might care to write to Stefan Daniel to register your concern. I don't expect for one minute it will change their minds and we should all be wary of the next epsiode of Leica promotional nonsense which will likely be more Hot Air leading to more Broken Promises.

And though you might see me at petulant, I will not be spending an additional €20000 with Leica as a result of what I see as their short-sightedness.

This is getting really tedious Mark. As some others have suggested, if you feel you have a case, then instruct a brief. Do you, in your heart, feel that perhaps you don't.

Were Leica's previous management regime foolish? Undoubtedly yes, but this is getting to the point of an infantile vendetta to be carried on down the generations.

I recall from Amateur Photographer's pages that the great Tom Stoddart used to have such a problem with Leica as a company that, although he loved the M cameras he refused to even mention the company's name. That issue seems to have been resolved. The moral here is to sort out what problems you have with Leica, but in an adult manner.

As an aside, I notice that whatever complaints you have didn't stop you from purchasing no fewer than 3 M8s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (plus a shedful of lenses) :o

Hi Mark

Mark send me one of your m8's and I shall look after it as well as I can. I can guarantee that I shall be posting my gripes about it on this forum .You can contact me via private message and I shall give you the address, happy to pay delivery fee

Thanks Imants

ps .it is a offer that you may consider

Mark,

"Pacta sunt servanda" so I'm with you on this (even if I don't think I will upgrade my shutters, I will be very pleased to keep the original M8 shutters with the delayed shutter recock).

If you can put up a model of email (kind of petition) to send to Stefan Daniel, I will sign it and sent it to him.

Regards,

ArtZ